Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

ABV vent/vacuum and harness

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Default ABV vent/vacuum and harness

I'm new to the site and have found some wonderful info. Thanks to all.
I have a 2002 Millenia S with the common problem of the ABV vent solenoid. The problem I'm having is not with the solenoid itself but with the plug coming from the harness to the solenoid. I checked all of the other plugs and got a voltage reading but not on this one. So before I change the actual solenoid, I wanted to check if anyone had any suggestions or help they could offer.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Default Service Manual

You might check this site out. The 96 service manual for the Millenia S should be the same as far as the Miller Cycle goes. Im thinking voltage isnt always available on some selonoids, only when its needed during driving so maybe it wont have voltage just with the key on or running even. You can apply voltage to the selonoids and check the "flow of air" per the service manual. Its the first download on this page

milleniatech.net - Documentation

Home page
www.milleniatech.net

Old 06-22-2011, 04:00 PM

Thanks, rockoe. Another quick question...on another thread, someone mentioned getting part no. 8318-13-986 which is some kind of regulator you put into the vacuum line to keep it from being so sensitive. Does anyone know anything about that or how to install it? As I order my ABV vent, I wanted to get that too if it will do any good.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Default Not sure about that

No sorry. Ihavent heard of anything like that. Doesnt seem right though. The Miller Cycle is touchy beast.Everthing has to be right.Check the plugs make sure they are the right ones called out on the site i gave you,and check the gap,thats been a problem with people going to the parts store and they get plugs for the NON supercharged engine. Check your codes if your check engine light is on and go from there. Check the SYSTEM of the code. If an EGR code comes up,dont go out and just change the EGR valve. Check the system, may be a loose vacuum hose,cracked tee, clog. Good luck

Old 06-24-2011, 09:45 AM

Vacume hose routing.This saved my rearend and who knows how much money many times.Usually the first thing i go over to make sure nothing has come loose. It can be printed (11x17 i think) and taken to the car to check routing
milleniatech.net - KL-ZEM (2.3L V6) Vacuum Hose Routing Diagram (1996+ Models)

Old 06-24-2011, 10:57 AM

Thanks, rockoe. The codes we are pulling are for the vent and vacuum solenoids. We also checked ohm on them, and they are 0. I've ordered those from Tasca. Just waiting on them to get here. I already got your vacuum diagram from another thread, so as we install the new solenoids, we are going to double check the vacuum routing. I think I'm going to pass on that regulator. No one seems to know anything about it. As soon as we get all of that done, I'll post what happens. Anything else I need to know?

Old 06-26-2011, 11:00 AM

You might check the vacume lines and T's and ch,ange any that look worn.Mine is a 96 and ive changed the lines as ive gone along. probably really should have replaced all of them to begin with, cuts out the guessing but tearing all that stuff off the supercharger doesnt sound fun. Hopefully i wont have to for awhile

Old 06-27-2011, 01:55 PM

I'm planning to replace the lines when I replace the solenoids. Maybe all of that will fix my problem. Someone suggested 4 mm silicone lines with brass T's and Y's, so I guess that's what I'll go with. Once all of that is done, I will post my outcome. Hopefully it's a good one!

Old 06-30-2011, 12:50 PM

MY BABY IS BACK ON THE ROAD!!! We got the new vent and vacuum solenoids installed. Thanks, rockoe, to your wonderful color-coded vacuum diagram, we also found 2 lines that had been switched. Apparently, the mechanic for the previous owner did it, because we haven't touched anything anywhere near it. We didn't use the regulator that I mentioned earlier. No more TCS lights or CEL. She is purring like a kitten (for now )
Thanks to everyone for your help.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:07 AM

Good deal.The COLOR on that diagrahm is the key because black and white would just be a big blob in certain areas

Quick Reply: ABV vent/vacuum and harness