Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

95 millenia tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Default 95 millenia tranny problems

Hi all..

I have a 1995 millenia 160k miles and last year I had the tranny rebuilt for a wopping $2100.00. The day I got it back I was experiencing problems with it. -Rough shifting...When in park and putting it into reverse, it would slam in real hard and make a terrible noise. I took it back multiple times and got a runaround. The check engine light was also on. They said I needed an idle switch and sent me on my way. Finally I got sick of dealing with them and just let the tranny be. Now a yr has passed and my warranty is up and I keep loosing reverse. It comes and goes. One day it will be fine.. The next it wont. At first I could get it to work be turning the car on and off a few times.

So I took the car to a place for a free computer check. I had 4 things listed in the computer... 1. 510 idle switch. 2. 730 gear ratio 3. 1521 VRIS Solenoid 4. 1777 TCC circuit

They won't help me out because my warranty is up. An I got a non looking at it estimate of 1000-1500. So I'm wondering if an idle switch can be causing things to show up. Is there some crazy chance that I can change an idle switch (if its not in the tranny) and maybe have reverse back.

I also need to change a wheel bearing on the left front. not sure if its inner or outer.. how hard of a job is that?

thanks for you help

Old 08-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Default RE: 95 millenia tranny problems

you gave up too easy on the transmission, now you are hosed. you should have taken it back till they get it right. now, it's too late. the front wheel bearing is one big sealed unit. looks like on a 95 there are 3 different possibilities, you will need your vin. also, it needs to be pressed out/in, so the knuckle needs to come off. some care may be needed, it looks like the hub is part of the assembly, as is the abs ring. if not done just right, you will fubar the bearing, and/or the abs ring, then you will get tcs/abs lites flashing, limp home, have to do it all over again, yada, yada. this is one of those jobs that need to be done right the first time.