Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

95 Mazda Mill stalled and not will not start???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 09:24 AM
Question 95 Mazda Mill stalled and not will not start???

Hello All,

I was tinkering with my 95 Millenia with 2.5 engine again. I had to jump start it because I believe that battery is dead. I will get it replaced soon. Now the problem, after I jumped the car yesterday. The 4wsabs light was on as usual. I tried to pull the codes from the TCU. I pulled the codes and erased them. Then I noticed that the car began to run rough, i didn't pay it any attention because it has been sitting for awhile and just needed to warm up. Then I cleared the codes. A few minutes later it just cut off like it was out of fuel. So I put more fuel in the car. Still will not start, it sounds like it is not getting fuel. I was wondering if it was the fuel pump relay or the main relay. I don't think it is the fuel pump or fuel filter, because I just replaced them. I don't think it is a vacuum leak either because the car was running fine a couple of days ago when I cranked it just to let it run awhile. I did listen for the clicks with the fuel pump relay in and out and heard the clicks both times so I think I am hearing the fuel pump coming on. Please give me some ideas. Thanks.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:21 AM

The fuel pump primes for 3 seconds when you turn the key on without cranking. You should hear it then. After it primes the PCM needs to see a signal from the distributor to power the fuel pump. ( this is in case of a wreck so the fuel pump won't keep running when the engine dies) The distributor is a very common failure on those. There should be a code, like g-signal, etc. Check for spark. If no spark it is likely the distributor. You can sometimes tap it while someone cranks it and if it starts then it is distributor time.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:27 AM

Thanks Hixx,

I would agree with you, but I just replaced the distributor. I checked for new codes after the problem but only got the P1000 (which means I have to drive the car). How can I check to see if the distributor is bad?

Old 03-30-2015, 10:48 AM

Pull a plug wire off, put an old spark plug on it and crank the engine. There are plenty of possibilities including a clogged converter. When those distributors go bad they do it slowly as the coil is generally the cause. The coil puts out too little spark and slowly destroys the converter. They generally go hand in hand. Obviously you could have a completely different problem. I can only do so much from afar, you will have to do the diagnostics on it. I will help all i can.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:03 AM

Hixx,

I will check that when I get home today. Thanks and I will keep you updated. Thanks.

V/r
Jesse

Old 01-01-2016, 06:19 PM

I found out I have a fuel leak in one of the hoses by the fuel rail. It was a mother to fix, but I got it. Now it cranks fine.