Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2000 S (2.3L) transmission pan bolt torque spec

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Default 2000 S (2.3L) transmission pan bolt torque spec

Anyone have this torque value for the bolts that hold the pan under the transaxle?
Also, took this apart because trans pan was leaking fluid. There was no gasket, just some red sealing material. I cleaned everything up and bought a 22 bolt gasket - should I use a gasket or go with new sealer. If new sealer - is there a specific type to use?

Thanks for any help.

That should be Millenia S in title - sorry.

Last edited by santa6; 05-05-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by santa6
Anyone have this torque value for the bolts that hold the pan under the transaxle?
Also, took this apart because trans pan was leaking fluid. There was no gasket, just some red sealing material. I cleaned everything up and bought a 22 bolt gasket - should I use a gasket or go with new sealer. If new sealer - is there a specific type to use?

Thanks for any help.

That should be Millenia S in title - sorry.
torque is 61-78 INCH lbs, not ft/lb. the gasket should be fine. i like to coat both sides with some sealer. some of the kits with the gasket have the bolt holes just a tad smaller, so you can assemble the bolts into the gasket, and they stay in place. this makes reinstall of the pan a lot easier

Old 05-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Default Shield

Thanks Keninn. One last question.

We replaced the left drive shaft. To do this we removed the whole hub/spindle/axle as an assembly then set the spindle on a bench and beat the old axle out of the hub. While beating the old shaft out of the hub,the shield came loose. I'm talking about the semi-circular sheetmetal shield that sits behind the rotor. What holds the shield in place? Does it need to be spot welded back on?

Old 05-06-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by santa6
Thanks Keninn. One last question.

We replaced the left drive shaft. To do this we removed the whole hub/spindle/axle as an assembly then set the spindle on a bench and beat the old axle out of the hub. While beating the old shaft out of the hub,the shield came loose. I'm talking about the semi-circular sheetmetal shield that sits behind the rotor. What holds the shield in place? Does it need to be spot welded back on?
it is a press fit. so if it dont go back on and stay, then you beat it up too badly. it is distorted, and you need to get another. however, of more concern is the bearing. i have changed axles on our cars several times, and i always pull the hub/knuckle, it is way easier for me. but i have never had to beat the axle out. i have used a puller to get it started, but never beaten. i am betting you will very soon need to pull the knuckle again and change the bearing