Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

1999 Millenia Drivers Side Door Lock w/key

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Default 1999 Millenia Drivers Side Door Lock w/key

Ok, Here's the deal. I can use my key to lock all the doors from either the drivers or passengers side. I can unlock all the doors using the key in the passengers side door. If I use the key in the drivers side door it will unlock all the doors except for itself (the drivers side door). I have to open the rear door to reach in and unlock the drivers door manually. In theory I would think that because it will function from the passengers side that it can't be some kind of linkage. Likewise I don't see it being the driver side keyhole switch because it triggers the other doors to unlock. This one has me really stumped! I don't have a keyless fob because the one that came with the car is not in functioning condition. I am ordering an after market one but I don't know if it will remote unlock the drivers door for sure either. I guess it depends on where the issue is. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas out there about what else to look for. Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Default door locks

That does sound wierd. Im sure your turning the key the right way. Maybe try going both ways."UNLOK-LOK-UNLOK-LOK" Or something like that.Have you tried to unlock it TWICE in a row from the driver door? On my sons oldsmobile you have to push the lock on the door twice to lock it when your getting out,maybe its something like that. I bought a remote from ebay (used) for 30$ and it was a POS and never could get it to work.Took it apart and the battery holder was broken from the board where the JUICE goes to the board,pretty much what was wrong with mine.. Sorry im sure this wasnt much help