Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

1995 Millenia Won't shift into highest gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Default 1995 Millenia Won't shift into highest gear

Hi everyone and Happy Memorial day to all veterans and their families, for they sacrificed so that we could live in Freedom.

I have issues with my 95 Millenia, V-6 Automatic, and have recieved different info from local mechanics about what the problem is. They also don't seem honest, to be honest.

Last week, I started my Car and it would not shift into reverse, after working fine. I was able to drive the car well in drive though. I stopped added some fluid, and reverse returned but immediately but then it immediately stopped shifting into the highest gear. It seems to be lugging at times in the lowest gears like it's missing then that clears up. As it shifts into higher gears the Rpms Rev but no shifting into 3rd. One Guy said I needed a completely new transmission, without even seeing the car. I feel differently.

I need some expertise, any and all help is appreciated as I'm currently a victim of the recession and was using the car daily to look for work.

Where do I start? I feel like people are trying to rip me off and currently cannot afford to be taking.

Thanks in advance

CEbailey

Old 05-30-2010, 08:56 PM

While this is a long shot, try adding some Lucas Oil Transmission Slip fluid. although my problem wasn't extreme like yours, it did help alot. It's fairly cheap, and since your gears sometimes work then sometimes don't, it's worth a shot right? Just a suggestion before you replace the tranny.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:02 AM
Default I'll check vacuum hoses too.

I'll give it a try for sure..