Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

02 millenia forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Default 02 millenia forum

Hi everyone ! Glad to be on board. I'm a new poster so bear with me. I've really enjoyed reading all the new threads so far and am impressed at the experience of the board members. I have a question with the starting of my 2002 millenia 2.5kl engine. I recently replaced the head gaskets along with others on the engine. When I started the car it ran about ten seconds and died and would not restart. The car only starts if I pull the air intake off or the throttle body apart at the air intake and leave it set for a couple of days. Acts like it could be flooding out, not sure. Every time I start the car it runs a little longer thendies. The car ran before I changed the gaskets (although not good). It was leaking antifreeze into the #3 cylinder and throughing it out through the plastic container where you add fluid. I'm realitively sure I have the vacuum hoses hooked up right. Does the hose going to the pressure regulator come off the front or the back side of the selonid (back being closest to the radiator)? Also the two radiator hoses going to the EGR valve, one has a red dot on it, does it connect to the inside or out side of the valve? I would deeply appreciate any advice you could give me on this problem. Thanks in advance Mike 02