Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

01 millenia S

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Default 01 millenia S

New codes Po170 fuel trim malf (bank 1) Po173 (bank 2)
Also Po302 cylinder 2 misfire can this be causing the other two codes? If not what would be causing the other codes?

Old 10-12-2009, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by silvss03
New codes Po170 fuel trim malf (bank 1) Po173 (bank 2)
Also Po302 cylinder 2 misfire can this be causing the other two codes? If not what would be causing the other codes?
0170/73 guarantee it is tee connections in the vacuum line system. the good news is that they are cheap. the bad news is that it will take about 5 hours to get to. the whole intake has to be removed. if you are going to keep the car, you should consider changing out ALL the vacuum lines and tees. 21 feet of silicone vacuum line, and i always use brass tees. actually, there are only a couple of actual tees, the rest are more a 'Y'. if you cannot do this, and you have to pay a shop, it will eat your lunch, and they probably wont do it correctly the first time. so, make sure you get them to guarantee you in writing.
0302 misfire is completely unrelated. but you are lucky. it is easy to get to. when was the last time the spark plugs were changed, and what plugs were used? i hope you dont say iridiums, cause those are a no no in the 2.3

Old 10-13-2009, 04:20 PM

Whats up bro you helped me out the last time i had misfire on cylinder 6, I changed all 6 plugs using the NGK laser platinum's. I did switch cylinder 6 coil pack to cylinder 2 and now its misfire on #2 time for a new coil pack! About how many T's will i be changing? And is there a tutorial on how to do this? What would i ask for when purchasing these parts T's and vacuum lines, etc?

Thanks,
Daniel

Old 10-15-2009, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by silvss03
Whats up bro you helped me out the last time i had misfire on cylinder 6, I changed all 6 plugs using the NGK laser platinum's. I did switch cylinder 6 coil pack to cylinder 2 and now its misfire on #2 time for a new coil pack! About how many T's will i be changing? And is there a tutorial on how to do this? What would i ask for when purchasing these parts T's and vacuum lines, etc?

Thanks,
Daniel
go to mazdaworld.org, register, then go to the millenia section and do a search. there is a post on this right now. should be lots of pics, too.