Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

Who knows a lot about ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Default Who knows a lot about ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

Ok....well the first problem is this....while I am driving, the battery light will turn on, but when the car is above 3200 rpm, the light will shut off, but when it dips back down below that, the light will turn back on and stay on till I rev the car again. I was told it probably wasn't the alternator cause eventually the car would just shut down and I replaced it already. Someone told me it could be just a bad battery and that it doesnt have enough juice to keep power untill the alternator is working hard (or something like that) and someone else told me it could be my idle control sensor on my car too. So I have no idea. But as long as I am doing about 55 mph or more, the light will stay off.
The second thing is while im driving on the highway, or just drivign for a while, and I come to a stop, i noticed a burning smell and a little little bit of white smoke. Now I am pretty sure its not the radiator because the smoke is coming from the back of the engine area and I did replace my gasket seal so no oil dripping on top.......and I am getting really bad gas milage as well. So if anyone has any idea's or suggestions I am open to it. I just wanted to see what peoples thoughts are before I go and spend a crap load on getting it fixed. Thanks a lot guys