Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

Obd-ii

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 08:22 PM
Question Obd-ii

The OBD-II. I have to install a monitor from my insurance company and try as hard as I do I cannot find this connection. I own a 2015 Soft top Miata grand touring. HELP!!!

Last edited by Bwaite; 02-22-2018 at 08:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-22-2018, 08:40 PM

Instead of looking for the OBD-II port, I would look for a different insurance company.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:57 AM
Default Not helpful!

Need help not sarcasm!

Old 02-25-2018, 06:41 AM

While I do not have a Miata, on my Mazda 2 and 3, it is located under the dash close to your left knee pointing down. It should be a few inches back from the bottom of the dash trim and a few inches from the left side of the footwell.

While the insurance tracking method would not work for me, I suspect that it would be great for some depending on how and where you drive. Good luck.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Instead of looking for the OBD-II port, I would look for a different insurance company.
Shipo makes a valid point. Installing a tracker in your OBD-II port exposes you to higher insurance rates for common and usually harmless habits, like drafting along at 32mph in a 25 mph zone in the middle of the night. Or accelerating to 55 in a 45 to pass a delivery truck. Many insurance companies don't use trackers, and instead rely on other factors like driving record, age, and vehicle type to set rates.

So, with that tracker installed, be extra wary.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:36 AM

While a tracker for insurance would not work for me. It would likely be great for some people. I occasionally drive too fast, in bad neighborhoods and too far for it to be beneficial. It might be a good way to go for someone who is a careful or an occasional drive. I also understand that there are some circumstances where this is the only option. I also could see how it might be a good option for a limited use secondary vehicle like a Miata that is not pushed to its limits.

Bewaite - Have you been able to find the port?

Old 04-16-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
While a tracker for insurance would not work for me. It would likely be great for some people. I occasionally drive too fast, in bad neighborhoods and too far for it to be beneficial. It might be a good way to go for someone who is a careful or an occasional drive. I also understand that there are some circumstances where this is the only option. I also could see how it might be a good option for a limited use secondary vehicle like a Miata that is not pushed to its limits.

Bewaite - Have you been able to find the port?
Playing "Devil's advocate" here...

How does one drive a Miata and N-O-T push it's limits from time to time?

Old 04-16-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
Playing "Devil's advocate" here...

How does one drive a Miata and N-O-T push it's limits from time to time?
I am not saying that I could do it, but there are people who buy Miatas and drive them extremely gently.

I only wish there was a forum that they participated in that we could use to find our next purchase.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
I am not saying that I could do it, but there are people who buy Miatas and drive them extremely gently.

I only wish there was a forum that they participated in that we could use to find our next purchase.
Too funny, "For sale, 1996 M-Edition Miata 5-Speed, 23,000 miles, only driven to church on Sunday by a little old lady."

Old 04-16-2018, 07:49 PM

Well, the little "old" lady in my house is a hot rod mama. Wears out tires like a drag racer, and she's the one who needs to avoid a tracker.. ��

Quick Reply: Obd-ii