Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

New to MX-5s

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Default New to MX-5s

Sup guys? lately my wife has been complaining about my Jeeps, she dont like them anymore. she wants a small convertible and she saw a red MX-% at the parking lot a few weeks ago. I did some research on them and they seem to be decent lil cars. However this is a whole new turf for me, I'm an expert in Jeeps, not Mazdas. I have a old '86 comanche i will be selling in the fall for around $5,000, and with that money I will be looking for a MX-5. problem is, where do I start?

I wanna ask you guys what you know best about them, any great tips, what to look for, what the difference in trims are, etc etc. lay it on me.

I hope to hear from yall soon, have a great day!

Old 03-22-2013, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Check for rust below the soft top. Check conditions of all the fluids. Go for a decent road test. Check the condition of the soft top, there aren't cheap to replace.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:10 AM

soft tops usually run between 500-700 bucks to replace not including labor is that correct?