Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

TCS and handbrake light depending on curves

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 10:42 AM
Default TCS and handbrake light depending on curves

Hello everyone

For a few days now my CX-9 has the TCS OFF and handbrake light burning intermittently. I noticed yesterday that it turned on and off depending on driving around corners and curves. Left turns off and right on.

In the evening, it was on almost permanently. I went around a roundabout the whole way and it again turned off albeit only for a short while.

So I would assume this is some kind of loose connection.

Does anyone have an idea where to start looking? A OBD2 bluetooth dongle is on the way but if anyone has a tip on some possible easy fixes to try and rule out, that would be appreciated too.

Regards and thanks,

Marco

Old 05-08-2021, 01:13 PM
Default Handbrake Light

Hi Marco, my 2016 cx9 has a similar problem; i activate handbrake, then release, and the handbrake indicator light on the instrument panel keeps blinking. Overnight, the issue would go away. The shop told me it functions properly but a malfunction on the right rear brake caliper is causing the issue. There was no problem when I brought it to them for brake pads and rotors replacement. I was told the caliper needs replacement. Trying to see if anything similar has been mentioned and would love to save some money. The shop says the part is $280 + about $70 for labor = $350. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.....

As for your issue, I would have it checked and done an estimate on. I don't see much of this type of issue elsewhere.

Thanks,
Marquina67

Old 05-08-2021, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Marco2G
Hello everyone

For a few days now my CX-9 has the TCS OFF and handbrake light burning intermittently. I noticed yesterday that it turned on and off depending on driving around corners and curves. Left turns off and right on.

In the evening, it was on almost permanently. I went around a roundabout the whole way and it again turned off albeit only for a short while.

So I would assume this is some kind of loose connection.

Does anyone have an idea where to start looking? A OBD2 bluetooth dongle is on the way but if anyone has a tip on some possible easy fixes to try and rule out, that would be appreciated too.

Regards and thanks,

Marco
You'll need to check for Bad or Failing Yaw Rate Sensor.
https://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/13/...w-rate-sensor/
Hope this will help.