Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Mazda problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 01:49 AM
Default Mazda problem

I have a 2009 CX-9 that deployed the driver seat airbag and driver side airbag after hitting an object on the road on October 13, 2013. I never saw or heard the impact with an object. I was traveling at 75 MPH at the time.

I took the car to the local dealer and they couldn't find any evidence of hitting anything. The dealer called a couple days later asking questions posed by Mazda corporate. The first question they asked was whether I had contacted an attorney. A couple days later an inspector from Japan arrived in town and asked to look at my car. The inspector found where an object hit a couple places near the rear tire and punctured the muffler on the passenger side. Mazda indicated the problem was mine since I hit an object on the road.

I took the car to my body shop. The body shop indicated the airbags should not have deployed with such a minor impact and certainly not away from the impact area. The body shop ordered the parts from Mazda but Mazda says they can't provide a replacement seat until sometime in March of 2014. I feel the airbag system is faulty and Mazda has done nothing but pass the buck and delay my repair for a minimum of 5 months.

I have been driving the car without side airbag protection and have no confidence in the remaining airbags or Mazda.