Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Looking for help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Default Looking for help!

I just registered and am looking for help. I've seen some helpful info on here before and finally decided to register. I have a 2007 CX-9 AWD that my wife mainly drives and as well as myself every once in a while. We really like the vehicle. Here's my problem that I hope someone can help us out with. We have a strange noise coming from the front right wheel area. It happens while maintaining speed at about 28 MPH and comes in and out as you coast to a stop. The sound is like a growling grind. It is hard to explain. It only does it under 30 MPH and while slowing down the pitch changes concurrently with speed. I can feel it with my feet too, both while driving and while riding in the passenger seat. I'd just like to do some research so I have something to stand on next time I go to the dealer. I took it to the dealer yesterday and they concluded it was the tires. I still have the original tires with 27K on it. I do agree with them that I need new tires and plan to get some. After I get new tires I'm going to see if the noise is still there and if it is, I will be going straight back to the dealer. I had the do a 4 wheel alignment too, which really helped the ride. This noise however just doesn't sound like a tire.

Has anyone heard this noise on theirs? Is there anything I can do to help diagnose or pinpoint the problem. Any help is appreciated.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by 2007cx9
I just registered and am looking for help. I've seen some helpful info on here before and finally decided to register. I have a 2007 CX-9 AWD that my wife mainly drives and as well as myself every once in a while. We really like the vehicle. Here's my problem that I hope someone can help us out with. We have a strange noise coming from the front right wheel area. It happens while maintaining speed at about 28 MPH and comes in and out as you coast to a stop. The sound is like a growling grind. It is hard to explain. It only does it under 30 MPH and while slowing down the pitch changes concurrently with speed. I can feel it with my feet too, both while driving and while riding in the passenger seat. I'd just like to do some research so I have something to stand on next time I go to the dealer. I took it to the dealer yesterday and they concluded it was the tires. I still have the original tires with 27K on it. I do agree with them that I need new tires and plan to get some. After I get new tires I'm going to see if the noise is still there and if it is, I will be going straight back to the dealer. I had the do a 4 wheel alignment too, which really helped the ride. This noise however just doesn't sound like a tire.

Has anyone heard this noise on theirs? Is there anything I can do to help diagnose or pinpoint the problem. Any help is appreciated.

With all due respect to the moderators, this is the least active of all Mazda sites.

I strongly recommend you try your question on

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=248

This sounds like a known issue...

Old 02-21-2010, 10:35 PM

We have a strange noise coming from the front right wheel area. It happens while maintaining speed at about 28 MPH and comes in and out as you coast to a stop. The sound is like a growling grind. It is hard to explain. It only does it under 30 MPH and while slowing down the pitch changes concurrently with speed. I can feel it with my feet too, both while driving and while riding in the passenger seat. I'd just like to do some research so I have something to stand on next time I go to the dealer