Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Is this ipod product worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Default Is this ipod product worth it?

New to forum, just got a CX-9. I have been reading where you have to get the switching kit to keep the aux input working if you got the Mazda ipod kit. This would put the price about $300 for both. I saw this on ebay and they guy says it will still allow the aux port to work since it plugs into the changer port on the radio (will not work with nav). Has anyone tried it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200086834846

Nathan

Old 07-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Default RE: Is this ipod product worth it?

You only need the switch box if you want to keep the aux port... question you have to ask is... if I have the ipod kit... do I still "need" the aux port..

Old 07-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Yes, but he says his product will allow you to still use the Aux port when it is installed. This is not the Mazda factory part.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:53 AM

Still... the same question is on the table... do you need the aux port if you have the ipod module? It seems unlikely you'll be using both items... the availablity is nice I guess... but still... Re: the ebayitem... I've never heard of it ... but it sounds cool... I've the nav system in my car so it'd not be for me anyways.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:26 AM

only if you have the SAT installed, then you need the module

Old 07-20-2007, 01:01 PM

I have a CX-9 with Nav and Sirius and my dealer has the Ipod module and switch ready to install. I spoke with them the other day and they say that it may not work at all. Does anyone have Nav, sirius, and Ipod module (30 pin) installed and all working together?

Thank you,
Craig

Old 07-20-2007, 01:57 PM

No... you cant use the ipod module with the sirus/nav system... you can use the switch box to retain the aux button for input.. .but not the 30 pin ipod connecter...

Old 07-20-2007, 02:07 PM

That is so wrong! An aux input jack is not the same thing as iPod compatibility. and even if I didn't have the Nav, it still wouldn't display text.. the only thing that I would gain would be steering wheel control. So, all i really need is the switch to enable my existing aux input? The iPod module is extra and wouldn't work anyways...

Thank you,
Craig

Old 07-20-2007, 02:57 PM

"That is so wrong! An aux input jack is not the same thing as iPod compatibility."

^^ That was never my statement or intent...

"Does anyone have Nav, sirius, and Ipod module (30 pin) installed and all working together?"

No... the ipod intergration module "NOTE: cannot be used with factory navigation system. " [/b]
[/b]
Directly from our application chart states:
IMPORTANT NOTES
(Please READ):
1. 1. See following charts for vehicle model
application
2. 2. If vehicle is equipped with Sirius® Satellite
Kit or PhatNoise Accessories, the iPod
Integration
Module CANNOT be installed as well. (Sat Kit
or PhatNoise already using Head unit Connector)
3. 3. For the 2007 MY Mazda3 and CX-9,
equipped with a standard “Auxiliary Jack”, an
additional “Switch Box” accessory, P/N
TD13-79-CFZ is required, to allow both features
to function
4. 4. The Auxiliary Jack is NOT an available
accessory for retrofit in older Mazda’s
5. 5. The IPod Module cannot be installed on a
CX-7 or CX-9 with Factory Navigation Option
[/b]

Old 07-30-2007, 03:50 PM

Does anyone know what kind of input is available for the MEDIA selection? I assume that this is where the rear DVD would plug into.. Is it a straight L/R audio RCA plug or is it a networked input? I can understand why the iPod module won't work with Sirius but was wondering if there was some possibility that the MEDIA input could be used. Also, regarding the iPod module..is there another manufacturer that makes one that is daisy-chainable? When I installed a new headunit in my wife's car I had to look long and hard to find a particular module that would allow me to daisy chain another networked module to it.. In other words, if I plugged in a Sirius tuner into the AI-Net port on her radio I would then be able to plug a Blue tooth module into the Sirius tuner and daisy chain them together...and each would be independently useable.

Thank you,
Craig

Quick Reply: Is this ipod product worth it?