Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

electric door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Default electric door lock problem

Car: '07 CX-9. Problem: the electric door locks accidentally 'lock'. Sequence of events: 1- remote started the engine. 2- insert key and turn to 'on' position. 3- got out of car and closed driver door so I could clear the windows of snow. 4- without doing anything else, the doors locked (key in the car and engine still running). Second set of keys (unlock button on FOB) would not unlock the doors. Hitting the remote start button (with 2d set of keys) did work to unlock the doors. (Makes sense.) Later that day, the same thing happened. However, this time as I got out of the car, I brushed the seat belt strap. When that happened, the doors locked. I'm guessing that this problem has nothing to do with the remote start. But there isn't any electrical switching between the door locks and seat belt tensioner, is there?? I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who has come across this problem, with any make/model of vehicle. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Default RE: electric door lock problem

Sounds like your car is programed for the auto lock feature... something that can be done ...or un done by your dealer... ( Though I've not yet heard this happening in conjuction with remote start )

Old 02-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Default RE: electric door lock problem

If you have a GT with a passkey and this happens, go to the tailgate and hit the unlock button underneath by the license plate illumination. If you have the passkey system, when the pass key leaves the vehicle perimeter, and the auto lock feature is enabled, then it will lock the doors. If you do not have a passkey, i.e. GT, then you need to go to the dealer and have then take a look.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Default CX9 locked itself!

My 2008 Mazda CX9 did the same thing as far as locking itself. It is physically impossible to lock the car with the keys in it. HOWEVER - the car did it!! I was at a gas station and after spending hours getting the other remote entry card from home I got the car opened. The dealer could not replicate the car locking itself but they did replace my two remotes. I am terrified this will happen again.