Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

cx-9 rear heat knob

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Default cx-9 rear heat ****

I hope that someone can help me with this. I need to know if they sell the **** to the heater control in the rear heat and a/c unit. The **** is missing and i cannot find it. I went to the dealer who told me that i had to purchase as a unit for almost 500 dollars. I think this is ridiculous. I cannot believe that they won't sell one freakin ****. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. I know that they come off and can be put back on. All i need is one **** for the temperature control. Thanks

Old 01-22-2009, 06:02 AM
Default RE: cx-9 rear heat ****

My recommendation is to take a test drive at another dealer, or have you friend take a test drive at your dealer in a CX-9.

Perhaps there is a spare **** in the back seat floating around somewhere ;-)

Old 01-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Default RE: cx-9 rear heat ****

First off, I have to let you know that it's not the dealer's fault that they can't sell you just a ****. Mazda, the manufacturer, won't provide just a **** for it. If the dealer's parts department were to try to sell you one anyway, they'd have to ****** one off of a control head from somewhere, and then figure out how to price it properly. Then they'd be stuck with a useless control head.

If your CX-9 is still under warranty, just take it in and tell them the **** fell off (I'm assuming that's what happened). They'll order if necessary, then replace the control head. If it's not under warranty anymore, I'm sorry to hear that. :/

The other deal about it is that last time I remember seeing a **** broken off of one of those in a CX-9, there was some circuitry behind it that got exposed and torn up. Is that not the case with yours?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 PM

No That is not the case. I removed the other one to see if it looked any different. All you see is the light on which illuminates the ****. The circuitry is complete. To be honest with you i should have checked after my last service with the dealer. I just put the car in the garage and then the kids noticed it since they sit back there. I guess you can't trust anybody anymore.