Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Bought a 2011 Touring

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Default Bought a 2011 Touring

Well finally found the "right" one. White 2011 Touring with the sunroof package..

Couple of questions,
1) I want to add the auto-dimming mirror with homelink. Has anyone done this and can say how difficult it is?
2) I thought auto-headlights were standard on the Touring model, but mine does not have them. Was that an additional option?

Old 12-25-2012, 11:31 PM

Auto dimming is a option. Mirror Is very simple. All that's needed is u remove the existing mirror, mount the new one. Run the wire harness for the new mirror almond the head liner tucking it in as u go then pull the drivers a piller trim and run the harness down that and push the wires through the opening in the dash that would usually be under the a piller trim. Now lay on the front floor board and look under the dash and grab the harness u pushed into there. This mirror has either 2 or 3 wires. There will be a ground wire constant positive wire and an ignition wire. Usually when u buy the kit it will come with instructions as to what wires and locations that u need to splice into. But overall a very easy job to do. Hardest part is putting the a piller trim back on.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by MackGuy
Well finally found the "right" one. White 2011 Touring with the sunroof package..

Couple of questions,
1) I want to add the auto-dimming mirror with homelink. Has anyone done this and can say how difficult it is?
2) I thought auto-headlights were standard on the Touring model, but mine does not have them. Was that an additional option?
Congrats on your purchase. I too have a 2011 touring model with bose/moonroof. Unlike you, I have auto off headlights/parking lights. It is a neat option to have, however, it causes me to accidently want to leave the lights on on my 2010 Mazda3 when I drive it. Silly games.

I thought about getting the auto-dimming mirror... went as far as having the dealership order it for me so they could install it ($440 total had they done it) but I went a cheaper route... tinted the windows 10% all the way around sans driver and passenger front side windows. This is MORE than enough to block headlight glare PLUS keeps your vehicle cool in the summer time. Total cost (including tinting the sunroof with a high UV blocker executive tint): $260.

BTW I also got a drop down dvd player installed. That helps with rear headlight glare too :P