Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Apple Car Play

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Smile Apple Car Play

Ok, so I called Mazda today regarding availability of Apple Car Play for my model 2018 Grand Touring CX-9 after being told by one dealer that it was available and $800 and another dealer saying they hadn't heard a word.

Here's the skinny...
Only available for Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 both 2018 and newer models.
Not available for any other model or year at this time.

Reasons:
1. This is not just a software update. It involves replacing the USB so that the new one will be 2.1amp and charges/transfers data
2. Mazda has to make sure that once they commit to other models, there is enough hardware available for dealers that there isn't a backlog. Someone must be crunching numbers to estimate need.
3. if you own a sport trim, there will be a charge (not told how much). Trim levels from Touring and above will likely be free.

I received this information straight from Mazda. I was also instructed that for future, we can visit www.insidemazda.com and that is where any updates on availability will be posted. He said interest from owners is extremely high for this upgrade.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-05-2019, 09:46 PM

I just got a 2018 CX-9 GT and as part of the deal they are installing CarPlay on Monday. I'm guessing they are going to have to really tear a lot of the interior up to do the new USB and whatever they have to do to the infotainment screen? Does anybody know what the process is. They are saying 2 hour job which sounds like a lot. I thought it was just going to be a plug and play deal. Guess not. I'm not sure how much I will use it but for resale value it will be important so I'm getting it.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Default Car-Play

I bought mine and car play was included in the deal it was $199.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:47 PM

Got the Carplay/Android installed on my new 2018 GT AWD by the dealer today (part of the deal). Took them about 3 hours but they had to do a couple of other things as well. It booted right up and seemed to work as well as it does in my other car that has it. I pulled WAZE up and that seemed to work well. It might be hard to use the joystick on some of the prompts where a touch screen would work better, but other than that it will be good to have and currently the single biggest item people seem want on new cars. I'm more concerned with resale value down the line so it was a must when negotiating.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:59 PM

$420 Canadian to install apple car play ...but bought the kit at amazon for $150 US and will
install it myself.