Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

2022 CX-9 Shaking at Idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jweb1102
I’ve also had issues with the oil evaporating..
If only that were true ....it would help explain a few dozen responses for DIY and owners on various forums..... but engine oil does not evaporate. It leaks or burns.

Old 02-08-2023, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jweb1102
I’ve also had issues with the oil evaporating. The first two times I had to take it in because the oil light came on, and sounded a loud alert telling me to pull off the road immediately and have it serviced, they told me there was nothing wrong. The third time they finally admitted that Mazda is aware of the issue and are working on a resolution.
MC-10225771-0001.pdf

"Some vehicles may have a “LOW ENGINE OIL LEVEL” warning message and a CHECK ENGINE light illuminated in the
instrument cluster with DTC P250F:00 stored in memory, and the oil level has actually decreased to near low.
DTC P250F:00 - Engine oil level signal: engine oil level low•
This is caused by an oil consumption increase due to damage of the valve seals on the exhaust side. To eliminate this
concern, the design of these valve seals has been modified.
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired...."

Old 02-08-2023, 12:04 PM

Posted TSB which is meant for MAZDA service employee's working in USA MAZDA dealerships is from NORTH AMERICAN OPERATION.

Dealerships outside the USA may have different service advisories and may also not necessarily use the ones meant for USA based customers? Some outside the USA dealership may read them but are not obligated unless instructed by MAZDA corp to use them.

Old 03-13-2023, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by mktrout
First post. Found this forum while searching for this issue I'm having.

I have a 2022 CX9, only a few months old. A couple weeks ago at a light it felt like my car was bouncing up and down in idle at the light, very strange feeling. But I was on a bridge and a truck next to me so I just chalked it up to that and went on with my day and it didnt seem to happen again. Then it happened last week again, so it got me thinking it wasnt the truck. I was pretty low on gas at that moment too and filled it up and it didnt happen again. But then today its doing it again randomly. Feels like maybe mis-firing or something. At a light the car bounces and feels like a washing machine in spin mode, then it stops. Anyone experience this or have any ideas? No check engine light or anything, I can't get an appointment at the dealer for a couple more days and im supposed to go away for the weekend on a 3 hour drive or so, Dealer says its ok to drive if theres no check engine light but im a little skeptical cause i'll be driving through mountains where theres no cell service for a long time with kids in the car. Thanks for the help.
According to my understanding its in a re learning process. That's what I've been told from mazda headquarters. My thing with that is its embarrassing and very annoying you sit at a light and your vehicle bouncing like a yoyo now there are times it happens when driving but your not aware until you exit the interstate you start to stop at the light sometimes it feels harsh on the transmission. However its the relearning process. Now im not sure if you always reset your trip each fill up but if you notice while driving and you reset both A and B you feel the vehicle feel a little lighter well your resetting the fuel pump. Mine hasn't done it in awhile but i always reset my trip and thats probably why it no longer bounces like a yoyo im not sure if it changes the relearning process or not.

Old 03-13-2023, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by PTguy
I agree with Grouch. Your previous fill of gas may have had some water in it or other contaminants. Or some component in the ignition system may be failing intermittently. Get the codes checked, and use a fuel system cleaner that lists water removal on the label among its other benefits.
Its not the gas. It's in a re learning process