Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

2011 cx-9 fwd transmission dipstick assembly

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by SARASOTA 11
Absolutely. Outsourcing analyses of fluids is an entirely cost-effective proposition utilized in my so-called cottage industry.
Maybe share you talents and expertise to a forum that would appreciate your insights?
This conversation comes up often here and it gets very heated at times. LOL

Bob Is The Oil Guy

Old 04-24-2023, 01:26 PM

For in-depth work, I of course use the direct hardwired OBD2 adapter connected to my blindingly obscenely fast Dell i7 notebook.
Clear = erase = delete
OPs you forgot that the ECU keeps the record of drive cycles since last....., Clear = erase = delete lol
The only way to completely Clear = erase = delete is by a Pass-through or by access via special program the full ECU PIDS and deleted the history of events pending or actual information. And if you did that the DEALER of most makes would think it was strange that there was not even any pending DTC history? Most are unaware that there engine will often vis anomalous condition generate a pending DTC which will clear/correct itself after a drive cycle or 2 and never show as a check engine light.

Last edited by Callisto; 04-24-2023 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 02:49 PM

sorry but since you joined you started 2... TWO threads about a DIPSTCK !

Lets think about that word and description for a second..... DIPSTICK!

dip·stick (dĭp′stĭk′) n. 1. A graduated rod for measuring the depth or amount of liquid in a container, as of oil in a crankcase. 2. Slang A person regarded as foolish or contemptible. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.

Last edited by Callisto; 04-24-2023 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 03:03 PM

this first one was DISPTICK sos I corrected it
I would have recommended and suggest that you contact a moderator and have one removed or merged together.?
It "fricks-up" people trying to look specifically for a topic when the get duplicate threads by one member on any forum.
You must be fairly new to posting on vehicle forums or forums like this in general?

Old 04-24-2023, 03:05 PM
Banned

DISPTICK has been changed to DIPSTICK

Last edited by grim_reaper; 04-24-2023 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 10:02 AM
Banned

"You'll never get rich selling other people's property, goods or services."

Old 04-25-2023, 12:56 PM

"You'll never get rich selling other people's property, goods or services."
ROLMAO you post what you don't have any clue, knowledge or information? about me. I wouldn't make assumption like that from a new member I did not know? LOL
The service shops(s) I manage are part time and owned by long time friends. Most of the time I don't take any renumeration for helping them. I don't need it and actually enjoy working customers service because I did once enjoy it and have not been in that aspect of the automotive industry since the 90's. LOL
I have several businesses most of which are internet supported, that is I do EFI/ECU Performance calibrating for a number of clients all over the glob. There are dozens of retail and service shops that carry and or sell my personally engineered performance parts for a couple different platforms other than Mazda. I have owned and operated at least 6+ automotive related business over the years .
I see you did not take my suggestion to visit a thread on this forum?
What do you do or have done for a living - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums
Currently on request Engineer specific Performance parts from my Marketer in Woodside CA. Its always a quick or long term extra income. $$$$$
I live semi retired in a Del web retirement community (55 and older only) with 2 complete in Northern CA so I guess I am doing ok?
There are plenty of activities available if I ever wanted to do anything but grow old. LOL. All in less then 1/4 to 1 mile from my house. Oh and there is also a Golf course smack dab in the middle of this community. I don't play golf. Speaking of GOLF this is also a GULF CART CUMUITY. But I sold mine a few years ago, to slow. LOL
My little 1296 sq.ft house is currently valued at close to 600K as of today reported by 5 major reality services.
So before you ASSume things maybe you had better be a member a little longer and get to know the longer termed and daily postings members.
Aside from you except use of the English language, sentence structure and spelling and grammar nothing you posted yet would have me believe that you are widely experienced in the automotive field but more specifically experienced. In other words a long shelf with no depth. LOL And you post interesting DIY methods of serving instead of procedure better served with professional quality tools and equipment. I mean com 'on I have been using since about 1979 an Oscilloscope and still do to present day (much better and more current scope) form much empirical acquisition of a parts performance or lack of.

To sum it up until otherwise seen by reading more of your participation your are an unknown NEW member and we are all getting to know you better.

Last thing before you do a big taboo on most all forums, we don't like "Grammar *****" so please respect that while you may have attended classes for improving your use of the English language and writing skills other may have gone a different way in higher education.

Last edited by Callisto; 04-25-2023 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 12:59 PM

lol takes one to know one re: the emboldened 'dipstick' definition !!
well what did you want me to say ? We are after all talking about dipsticks in this thread not "WING NUTS"! LOL

Old 04-25-2023, 02:21 PM

How about this ? Why don't you just go and cry to the Moderator and instruct him or her to ban me from the site ? Then it will be good riddance all around.
Well first I don't "cry" to moderators on forums. As I mentioned I own a couple forum myself but have others run them.
I would actually hate to see you banned for this threads content and I know it would not happen anyway.
Interesting however that you would think that way? One would wonder if you have had a problem on other forums? hahahahaha!
Besides nothing you have posted is out of line or could be considered by anyone to be outside the guidelines of this forum for posting on what we would call a semi family-oriented run and read forum?
I simply am one that never learned to be any different on the internet than I am in the real world. In other words. You are not a bad members maybe a little thinned skinned and as much as it may seem your DIY information is just that. Based on your other information you gave about yourself thus far I think it is just a little time and more participation for us to get use to you and what you may know . Or not know?

So hang out keep posting and don't take it personal. Old man ....

Old 04-25-2023, 02:30 PM

BTW on most auto forums posting pictures is extremely beneficial to support your responses as well share what you have been doing with your Mazda!
We all still like to see pictures and not read long drawn out publications from members. I am often accused of that. So I do post hundreds of personal pictures predominately Mazda related !

Quick Reply: 2011 cx-9 fwd transmission dipstick assembly