Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

What is a Mazda CX-7???

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Default What is a Mazda CX-7???

I have not heard of this...and when did this section start?

Old 03-30-2006, 12:17 AM
Default RE: What is a Mazda CX-7???

New SUV just came out in Japan. We get it in ,I think, September. I'm guessing the site is just getting prepaired for it. I was so tempted to start the first thread here but it would've been irrelivant to the Cx-7 and it would've gotten moved. Probably by myself haha. I don't know too much about the Cx-7 other than Japan has it, we don't, and it looks really good for an SUV. I normally hate SUVs but that thing has style.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: 87 turbo II
I can't wait to see one in person, although I'm hoping my next car will be an RX-8! Getting into one for a few minutes might change my mind, though... never know. LOL

Old 03-30-2006, 01:19 AM

That is one cool looking SUV!! I would not mind having one of these.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Caprice

I can't wait to see one in person, although I'm hoping my next car will be an RX-8! Getting into one for a few minutes might change my mind, though... never know. LOL
I've rode in an 8. It drives EXACTLY like my car. The 8 owner even drove my car, and said he feels at home. You will lvoe it to death, one of my favorite modern built cars. Warning: drinks gas and oil.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:20 AM

I've rode in an 8. It drives EXACTLY like my car. The 8 owner even drove my car, and said he feels at home. You will lvoe it to death, one of my favorite modern built cars. Warning: drinks gas and oil.
Well, I can deal with drinking gas (my Caprice has averaged barely over 10 MPG over the last two years) but oil? What is the story with that?

I'll probably be looking for economy cars by the time I'm in the market again. Having spent all our capital on the 5 we just got kinda puts a crimp on other spending projects.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:25 AM

Ignore the concept images saying MX Crosssport. That was just the concept version (don't worry the final product looks like that, only interrior changed). Google CX-7 and this is what you see. I had a picture of it with a CX-7 Front liscense plate from the Japan assembly line but the site I saw it on is switching servers and is down for matenance.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Caprice

Well, I can deal with drinking gas (my Caprice has averaged barely over 10 MPG over the last two years) but oil? What is the story with that?

I'll probably be looking for economy cars by the time I'm in the market again. Having spent all our capital on the 5 we just got kinda puts a crimp on other spending projects.
Oil? Rotary engines have what is called an Oil Metering Pump or OMP. The OMP actually injects oil into the rotor housing to lubricate the rotors and keep the apex seals fresh. You want to check oil everytime you fill up on gas, but you only need to change/fill it every 1,000 miles rather than an average car's 3kmiles. The OMP is the reason so many rx-7s need engine rebuilds, because it is hard to care for a rotary engine, the matenance is high. They aren't as unreliable as people say, just overabused. At an autocross event you need to fil lthe oil after every run, heavy driving like that can get you down to 3/4s tank in a matter of 30 minutes or so. everyday driving should last you between 1/2 a month to 2 months depending on how you drive. If you can deal with it, the 8 is a killer car. If not, rotary isn't right for everyone. I'm happy to give you the answers to any more questions you may need answered before your expensive investment.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:15 AM

Have any stats on the car?

Old 03-30-2006, 12:13 PM

I happen to have some spes on it, here you go:

CX-7 Sports Model
244-hp 2.3L DISI turbo engine
Estimated mileage: 19 / 24
Vehicle Features
6-spd automatic transmission with Sport Shift
4-wheel ventilated disc brakes with ABS
Stability and traction control systems
18" alloy wheels
Keyless entry
Side air bags and side air curta

And here is a link to the website for the CX-7, it will be available in the US in Spring of this year, so probably September, at that time it might actually be a 2007 model year.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...=featuresSpec\

Very nice looking indeed, and priced pretty good to comparable SUV's on the market now. i would check into it, maybe in a couple years when my wife needs a car. And it is actually not available in Japan yet, I went to the Mazda site for Japan and it is not shown there. it actually may be a little to large for that market, it is replacing the Mazda Tribute and will be the only Mazda SUV until 2008, when Mazda has 2 more SUV's coming. and it is a 2007 model.