Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

This Program Cannot be read please contact dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 08:57 AM
Default This Program Cannot be read please contact dealership

First Post here, I have tried searching for this problem but can't find any resources on this.
I'm hoping someone knows how to reset this.

My wife bought a 10 plate CX7 diesel 5 weeks ago, had a recent problem with timing chain pretensioner that's been fixed and due to go in for Injector seal replacement Tuesday.

My wife got the car back today and the display next to the radio display ( the one that shows reverse camera and system information) states " This program cannot be read please contact dealership" it has an SD slot next to it with a mapping card in it (but think this didn't work correctly any how but the wife just wants the display functional again. without having to take it Mazda to cost a fortune ( I assume batteries been disconnected on fix) is there a way of resetting this or fixing this? Thanks in advance

Old 12-17-2015, 08:34 AM
Default Fixed lol

actual error msg is " A program cannot be started please consult to a dealer"

after scouring the internet and finding nothing and Mazda wanting to bring the car in I resolved it.

to the side of the Multi Information screen is a plastic cover for the SD slot, after fiddling with this I noticed there was a sliding door that moves from right to left to cover SD slot, I moved it over the SD card and turned the ignition and Voila rebooted and now GPS works (wife is very pleased I may even get some tonight)

Old 12-31-2017, 10:41 AM
Default Program Error

Thanks a lot. I had the same problem with my 2010 Mazda 3 and this post saved me an expensive trip to the dealer.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Default Maintenance Info display Error

“A program could not be loaded consult a dealer”
My battery died and was replaced and now this error message displays on the “Maintenance Info display.”
I tried various things mentioned on the internet and nothing has worked including the above advice.
Anyone have any other solutions?? I have a 2012 Mazda 3.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silverway
“A program could not be loaded consult a dealer”
My battery died and was replaced and now this error message displays on the “Maintenance Info display.”
I tried various things mentioned on the internet and nothing has worked including the above advice.
Anyone have any other solutions?? I have a 2012 Mazda 3.

I am currently having this same exact problem. I drive a 2012 Mazda 3. Any ideas on how I can fix this without spending so much at the actual dealer?

Old 06-17-2020, 06:06 PM
Default Try taking out the SD

Originally Posted by sgrinn
I am currently having this same exact problem. I drive a 2012 Mazda 3. Any ideas on how I can fix this without spending so much at the actual dealer?
Takeout the SD card and put it back in, then make sure the cover is shut.
restart your car. This happens to me every time the battery dies. My initial problem was that someone took out the SD and didn't put it back in.. i’ve always taken it to the same dealership so they compensated me.
otherwise find someone with the same make and model and copy their SD card.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:19 PM

My 2012 cx9 navigation/radio says “A program could not be loaded consult a dealer”

it has a map dvd, I took it out and put it back in back it sounds grinding and then closes the door and repeats that a program could not be loaded. Would had mean the dvd needle is malfunctioning, or the map dvd needs replacing? I rarely, maybe a handful of times have used it.

Old 03-01-2023, 09:01 AM
Default Update

Any update on how you fixed this?

Old 03-29-2023, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lee Hayward
actual error msg is " A program cannot be started please consult to a dealer"

after scouring the internet and finding nothing and Mazda wanting to bring the car in I resolved it.

to the side of the Multi Information screen is a plastic cover for the SD slot, after fiddling with this I noticed there was a sliding door that moves from right to left to cover SD slot, I moved it over the SD card and turned the ignition and Voila rebooted and now GPS works (wife is very pleased I may even get some tonight)

where exactly did you find the SD slot I have the same issue and I have a 2011 Mazda cx9 grand touring and I cannot find an SD slot anywhere in this vehicle