Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 10:42 AM
Default Please Help

I have been having trouble lately, trying to get my turbo out, I have new one rebuilt ready to go in, Last person that had my car knew it had a smoke issue. I replaced the pcv and still smoking, so have been stripping te car down to get turbo out. The last person must have known about the issue because I have found stripped bolts at every turn. I am close to giving up,
I have 1 bolt left to get out, and it is totally stripped, the main one is at the back side of the turbo, down low, part of the cat plate that attaches to the turbo plate. I have all the exhaust manifold nuts off, but lifting the manifold off is hindered by the studs on top of the turbo. not enough height to slide the manifold off. cant get studs off as dont have room to get an extra nut on stud to extract.
My only option is I am going to have to either cut the turbo studs off to get the turbo to drop, I do not need the turbo as I have a full unit ready to go, new chra, balanced certified by a good uk company.
The cat is attached still by the stripped nut on back of turbo, the most inaccessible place ever.
If I cut the cat off would that be best, If I cut the studs on top of turbo would that release the manifold. Or is there a tool that can grab and extract the stud, bearing in mind the lack of room at back of engine.
I realise I am having to go the hard option route, but this is my only option. Please can anyone rely to offer some advice as this has been a headache and all because of a previous owners attempts.
Please help I really need my car.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:46 AM

Finally have the turbo out, what a nightmare, had to loosen the cat and turbo together then try and turn both round at back of engine to extract the rounded nut on the cat plate with impact gun.....