Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Dashboard Metrics change?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Default Speedometer (trip meter & Adometer) Metrics change?

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me with the following.
I'm planning to ship my CX7 from the US to Europe. Can anybody tell me how I can change my dashboard metrics from Miles to Kilometer?

I asked my dealer but they were not really helpfull as they referenced to the manual which says nothing...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Nescio; 02-25-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Default Driver metrics

Hi Nescio

I live in The UK and on my 2010 CX-7 you can select between Miles & Kilometres in the preferences section on the first screen of the on board computer display. the same screen where you can reset fule consumption and Av speed.

Whether its the same on your car ?

Old 03-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Default thanks and...

Originally Posted by proterra
Hi Nescio

I live in The UK and on my 2010 CX-7 you can select between Miles & Kilometres in the preferences section on the first screen of the on board computer display. the same screen where you can reset fule consumption and Av speed.

Whether its the same on your car ?
Well I called with Mazda and they said it can not be done. They put a different adometer in de CX7 for US versions... I still think it's very strange. But I donlt completely understand your description... what onboard computer display? You mean the area where the adometer etc. is stated? What button do you use and where is it located? Still have hopes..... (my car is currently being shipped to Europe.. so I can't test...)
Thanks for your response though!

Old 03-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Default ON Board computer

On my CX7 the display for,the computer is where the radio channels/sat Nav is displayed in the centre of the dash next to the display for the SAir con.
Operated by steering wheel buttons on the RHS where you also control the sat nav.
Right hand side buttons on wheel control radio. and you also have cruise control buttons on the wheel.
It shows Av speed, Miles per gallon. how far you can travel on juice left etc. Cycles between the radio channel display then two screens of info as above.
On the first screen you can set up the preferences as I detailed above. My odo display is the one with the Blue rings round the dials.
Dont know if this the same set up in the states.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Default Odometer change

I'm considering taking a CX-9 to Europe and have the same question. Did you ever get an answer about if the odo can be changed to kms?

What about the lights and indicators/turn-signals?

Thx.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:49 PM

Your only hope is to buy an instrument cluster in America and see if it is compatible. It likely is but I wouldn't doubt there would be CAN issues.