Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

cx 7 tire wear

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Default cx 7 tire wear

My cx 7 has 9000 miles, and the front tires are almost worn completely, especially in the center. Anyone had this problem? I plan on taking to dealer this week, whats the chance of them replacing them? Surely a new car, new tire should last longer than this.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Default RE: cx 7 tire wear

Bald in the center is do to over inflation causing the car to roll only on the narrow center portion of the tires.

The wear is then increased with each corner you take as well

Check your tire pressures weekly if not each time you drive.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Alpha Wolf

Bald in the center is do to over inflation causing the car to roll only on the narrow center portion of the tires.

The wear is then increased with each corner you take as well

Check your tire pressures weekly if not each time you drive.
Each time you drive?! I've never been told to check my tire pressure every time I drive. Even when I used to drive school busses, we checked the tires to make sure they weren't flat every time we drove, but not the actual pressure.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:06 PM

It depends on when I last drove the car and if the weather conditions have changed...

Being a motorcycle rider I am used to checking tires before every ride as on bikes it can cause a crash.

If I just checked it yesterday, then no. But if the car has been sitting for two weeks. Yes I would.

The point is to check it and find out how long you can go before the pressure normally changes. Then use that time as as schedule to routinely check your tires.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:21 PM

Hmmm ... Good advice. I guess since the CX is my only car, it never sits for more than a day, so I never really thought about it. Thanks!

Old 02-16-2007, 10:31 PM

You should rotate your tires regularly as well (~6,000 miles)

Old 02-19-2007, 12:36 PM

Check your tire pressure every time you get gas. Your there anyway. Tire pressure can very as much as 6psi between cold and hot temperatures.
On a cold day the pressure can very by 2psi between the side facing the sun and the side in the shade.
Get a good tire pressure gauge and check it out.
Hard braking can increase your tire pressure by 4psi due to the aluminum rims, they conduct heat from your breaks out to the tires. Experiment; check your pressure before you leave your house in the morning and again when you get to work. You'll be surprised.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: 5280_CX7

Check your tire pressure every time you get gas. Your there anyway. Tire pressure can very as much as 6psi between cold and hot temperatures.
On a cold day the pressure can very by 2psi between the side facing the sun and the side in the shade.
Get a good tire pressure gauge and check it out.
Hard braking can increase your tire pressure by 4psi due to the aluminum rims, they conduct heat from y
our breaks out to the tires. Experiment; check your pressure before you leave your house in the morning and again when you get to work. You'll be surprised.
You are correct.

On a single drive it can vary. You need to insure it will be within a normal pressure for your drive.
Look at all those Explorers who rolled when under inflated tires over heated and then blew.

Under inflation causing more flexing of the carcus which generates heat. Heat is the enemy of a tire. It reduces tread life and more importantly can cause bonding to fail leading to blow outs like seen on Explorers...

Heavy vehicles are more at risk because more weight means more load on each tire. More load means more heat.

It is your car, your tires, your ***. How hard is it to pop a gauge on a valve stem?

Just a thought

Old 04-12-2008, 03:42 PM

I am very dipleased with the wear of these tires considering the cost of them. I only have 7400 miles on my mazda and around 6700 i noticed the same wear you are talking about.The Book recoments 7500 mile rotation. Considering we have a built in tire guage we shouldnt have to check the pressure. I dont know what kind of luck your going to have getting new tired but let me know im going to get mine rotated in the next couple days but as you i am dissapointed in the wear of these over priced tires

Old 04-19-2008, 04:52 PM

You must have the Bridgestone Turanza's - bottom line - the word from my dealer is, under 12k miles or 12 months, Bridgestone is helping replace the tires.... problem is you have to replace them with another set of crappy tires. Take heart - Mazda just helped me replace my Turaza's with a decent set of tires from Goodyear. The difference is amazing. Mazda definately did a poor job of matching tires to the vehicle when they chose those Turaza's, but they are stepping in to help out

Quick Reply: cx 7 tire wear