Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Want a CX-5 with nav but without a Moonroof

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Default Want a CX-5 with nav but without a Moonroof

Hello! I have been working through the 2019 CX-5 "build your own" pricing configurator, but find it not very flexible. I would love to buy a new 2019 CX-5 Touring and add the Mazda Navigation System. But Navigation isn't an option in that TL. Does anybody know if I can factory order a Touring with the nav added? I really don't want all the extras in the GT, especially a moonroof, so adding nav to Touring would be best for me.

In other words, can the ordering process have more granularity than the configurator offers?

Thanks, - Dave

Old 01-01-2019, 05:53 PM

Not from the factory. It's all about "packages" nowadays.Your only hope would be to have the dealer install it. Check with them to see if they can do that.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:30 PM

Hi paris1. Thanks very much for that insight. I haven't been in a hurry to contact the dealer, but it looks like it's inevitable.

Happy New Year!!

- Dave

Old 01-02-2019, 10:40 AM

Garmin

Old 01-02-2019, 11:39 AM

Just my opinion but I wouldn’t let a moonroof deter me away from a vehicle. I’ve owned several vehicles with moonroofs and rarely open them. It’s not something I look for when I purchase a car.

The way the the packages are set up in most vehicles you always get something you really don’t care for but that’s the way the industry works. In my case I have LDW with the Grand Touring I own but I didn’t like the system fighting my steering or the alerts going off so I changed it in the settings and now I only have a visual alert in the HUD.

Old 01-03-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by DaveMcKeen
Hello! I have been working through the 2019 CX-5 "build your own" pricing configurator, but find it not very flexible. I would love to buy a new 2019 CX-5 Touring and add the Mazda Navigation System. But Navigation isn't an option in that TL. Does anybody know if I can factory order a Touring with the nav added? I really don't want all the extras in the GT, especially a moonroof, so adding nav to Touring would be best for me.

In other words, can the ordering process have more granularity than the configurator offers?

Thanks, - Dave
Since Apple Carplay and Android Auto are now standard on the CX-5, I would actually opt out of Mazda's Nav system and just use your smartphone with the Apple Carplay or Android Auto. On our latest road trip to Florida, the route suggested by the Mazda Navigation system was ONE HOUR longer than the one by Google Maps or Apple Maps. I checked all the settings of the Mazda Navigation system and it was set to Fastest Route.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

All Mazda's with MZD connect are setup for Sat Nav, all you do is buy the Maps SD card and your away laughing.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:58 PM

You can get the Nav map on Ebay for $40-$50. I got one for $42, by the way, Mazda Navagation is very poor.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:23 PM

Thanks guys- useful insight! So I just put a fresh coat of Turtle Wax on my 17 year-old PT Cruiser. Kind of broke the new car fever. But it won't last.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:53 AM

PT Cruiser! Oh Dave; you DO need a new car!

Quick Reply: Want a CX-5 with nav but without a Moonroof