Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vanquish suspension squeaks, moans, and groans

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 09:00 PM
Default Vanquish suspension squeaks, moans, and groans

I bought some of this ATP 205, and put it in a little spray bottle and sprayed it on all the rubber suspension parts under the vehicle while I was rotating the tires. It seems to have gotten rid of about 85% of the squeaks moans groans and creaking that I had while going down the road. You just need to spray it on everything, and just when you think you're done, go back and spray some more.

Don't forget the rubber Parts your coil springs sit on, and pay special attention to the sway bar mounts.

Old 04-29-2023, 09:43 AM

FYI:

The main ingredient is Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether.
It is a 'plasticizer' agent which works on rubber/EPDM type seals.
However, it can dissolve plastic/Teflon/Delrin type seals and damage paint.

Old 04-29-2023, 10:48 AM
Cool

You just need to spray it on everything, and just when you think you're done, go back and spray some more….

…However, it can dissolve plastic/Teflon/Delrin type seals and damage paint.

This is what can happen when you rely on a YouTube “star” for your automotive advice.

Old 04-29-2023, 10:56 AM

I also put some on the oil control valve seal on the valve cover that is a common leak point. I did this 6 months ago and it stopped the leak.

In 2004 I puchased a new Toyota Tacoma that leaked oil from the power steering pump after 20k miles. It stopped that leak as well.

I found out about ATP-205 from a Mechanic in 2000. He loved the stuff, his recommendation has been great!

Old 04-29-2023, 11:06 AM

McKays rubber lube for the absolute win! Especially if you have any polyurethane bushing. But good luck finding it in any small quantities anymore.

Old 04-29-2023, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
FYI:

However, it can dissolve plastic/Teflon/Delrin type seals and damage paint.
Lobstah brings us a Excellent tech tip. It is not recommended to wax your car with AT-205.
I would also like to add that it is not a good idea to wax your car with acetone, sandpaper, or broken glass bottles.

Old 04-29-2023, 12:56 PM
Default Used to use it in the poly bushings in my corvette

Originally Posted by Callisto
McKays rubber lube for the absolute win! Especially if you have any polyurethane bushing. But good luck finding it in any small quantities anymore.
I used to use that on the poly bushings on my modified 1973 Corvette and my modified 2000 Z28 , it worked but you needed to re apply it every 6 months. Back in the day we had to use Silicone on all the squeaky stock Ford front suspensions .

Old 04-29-2023, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
I used to use that on the poly bushings on my modified 1973 Corvette and my modified 2000 Z28 , it worked but you needed to re apply it every 6 months. Back in the day we had to use Silicone on all the squeaky stock Ford front suspensions .
The rick was to mix the 2 together.
The Poly bushing I cut and offered on another platform uses that exact mix.
The Energy Suspension and other companies like that only offer silicone.
The McKays is a bi pricey and I can only get it now in 5 gallon quantities for a new distributor and it comes in a generic container as well. The last time I pursed any was about 20 years ago.
For DIY I actually recommend to use Enviromental safe Leather treatment and water it down for ease of application. It does need to be sprayed on occasionally because it will dry out and also get dirty. Rinsing with hose pressure water clean the parts well enough to reapply .
Some of the "like" product s now available for rubber bushing lubricants if you look at the A safety data sheet (SDS), material safety data sheet (MSDS), or product safety data sheet (PSDS) document it will list information on the various substances and products. they have chemicals and other ingredients that can cause deterioration with long tome use. You may need to look at each item independently to see what exactly they are and possible effects on the material you use them on. MANY suppliers use word trickery to make you assume it is safe product to use on parts.

Old 04-29-2023, 01:49 PM
Default Ya got me thinking

Originally Posted by Callisto
The rick was to mix the 2 together.
The Poly bushing I cut and offered on another platform uses that exact mix.
The Energy Suspension and other companies like that only offer silicone.
The McKays is a bi pricey and I can only get it now in 5 gallon quantities for a new distributor and it comes in a generic container as well. The last time I pursed any was about 20 years ago.
For DIY I actually recommend to use Enviromental safe Leather treatment and water it down for ease of application. It does need to be sprayed on occasionally because it will dry out and also get dirty. Rinsing with hose pressure water clean the parts well enough to reapply .
Some of the "like" product s now available for rubber bushing lubricants if you look at the A safety data sheet (SDS), material safety data sheet (MSDS), or product safety data sheet (PSDS) document it will list information on the various substances and products. they have chemicals and other ingredients that can cause deterioration with long tome use. You may need to look at each item independently to see what exactly they are and possible effects on the material you use them on. MANY suppliers use word trickery to make you assume it is safe product to use on parts.
This subject hit me right in the Medulla oblongata ,so i got off my *** and went out to the garage, in the top draw of my Snap on tool box a found a container of Daystar poly lube hiding in the back. That stuff was a real bitch to get off your hands. . Daystar aystar Daystar

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 04-29-2023 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-29-2023, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
This subject hit me right in the Medulla oblongata ,so i got off my *** and went out to the garage, in the top draw of my Snap on tool box a found a container of Daystar poly lube hiding in the back. That stuff was a real bitch to get off your hands. . Daystar aystar Daystar
I don't want to know why you put it on your hands...

Quick Reply: Vanquish suspension squeaks, moans, and groans