Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrades to my 2020 CX5 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2023, 01:37 PM

Upgrades to my 2020 CX5 GT-mazda-cx5-offroad-white-main.jpg

Old 04-29-2023, 02:01 PM
Default How's the ride and noise

Originally Posted by Lobstah
That's the ticket for some world rally driving . but has to be a bit loud and rough on the interstate. After all these years I still crave a 1974 Lancia Stratos stradale hf . Or How about one like this in a 2 door with 350 hp Upgrades to my 2020 CX5 GT-nats-mazda-cx-runner-project-sketch.jpg

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 04-29-2023 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2023, 04:10 PM
Default Good input

Thanks for all the replies - lot to think about re: tires.

Old 05-03-2023, 12:09 PM
Default Speedo

Originally Posted by owynn.severiano
The overall diameter is the same so no issues with the speedo accuracy.
THE SPEEDO accuracy would be the very least of the problems ,and wouldn't be off by more than 2 to 4 miles per hour.

Old 05-09-2023, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by jsir
Big fan of this vehicle, curious what mild upgrades folks have has success with. Things I don't love about the car that I can easily modify:
  • Braking / stopping is weak. Anyone upgraded to bigger rotors / pads? I'm on the OEM stuff right now.
  • Tires are near EOL. I have the stock 19s - Toyo 225/55R19. What else fit these rims? 235, 245s? I figure a wider tire might help with the traction but I still want all seasons.
  • AC is weak. Anyone have solutions for this? I'm in central texas so it's a blast furnace.
  • Anybody replace the air intake? Any MPG / HP changes? Running stock now.
Thanks.
I went with the same size rotors, but slotted and made of a better material than stock. Also upgraded the pads.

Have not experienced any fade, but there is a little more noise when you come down hard.

Old 05-09-2023, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by darrinps
I went with the same size rotors, but slotted and made of a better material than stock. Also upgraded the pads.

Have not experienced any fade, but there is a little more noise when you come down hard.

I looked and looked. Only drilled & slotted or blanks. Ended up with raybestos on the rears. Where did you find slotted only at?

Old 05-09-2023, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by jsir
Big fan of this vehicle, curious what mild upgrades folks have has success with. Things I don't love about the car that I can easily modify:
  • Braking / stopping is weak. Anyone upgraded to bigger rotors / pads? I'm on the OEM stuff right now.
  • Tires are near EOL. I have the stock 19s - Toyo 225/55R19. What else fit these rims? 235, 245s? I figure a wider tire might help with the traction but I still want all seasons.
  • AC is weak. Anyone have solutions for this? I'm in central texas so it's a blast furnace.
  • Anybody replace the air intake? Any MPG / HP changes? Running stock now.
Thanks.
Took in before the bumper to bumper expired and mentioned the weak ac and slow fan. They said was nothing wrong and the cabin filter was probably dirty and they could change cabin filter for $80. Lol. I had just spent $20 and changed it prior to taking it in for service. So it seems ac is mazda weak point.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:13 PM

Wish I could help, but I think the company Adams Rotors, went belly up.

Old 05-10-2023, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by kilroy22
So it seems ac is mazda weak point.
I notice when it's not too sunny the AC works perfectly. If my car is outside facing the sun, I feel like I need to crank it up manually.

Old 05-13-2023, 12:11 PM

I would definitely check for clearance from steering lock to lock (both with a single driver and fully loaded with all passenger's full tank of fuel ) before assuming there will be no issues going out side a OEM tire size in greater dimensional sizes. It is easy to give advice on forums from those that have not actually done what the recommend and have the same exact vehicle. As for speedometer accuracy it is often a belief that there will be no difference but actaully there will be and it may be slight but it is accumulative of several hundred miles if you are monitoring furling use and also driving time with GPS. These changes came more or less with most vehicles manufactured from about 2002 to present. Anyone that does ECU Calibration can often see these small changes reported in some PIDs by data logging and at times a small calibration with other systems needs to be adjusted or at least considered to watch?
The easy way to see these is using your GPOS and connecting directly to the OBDII diagnostic connector and enter MPH values and comer the exact differences between the ECU reporting and what the GPS indicates your actual speed is.

Last edited by Callisto; 05-13-2023 at 05:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Upgrades to my 2020 CX5 GT