Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Update Nav 2014 CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Question Update Nav 2014 CX-5

Sorry to post this (I'm sure it's been done before but I couldn't find it)

I getting frustrated trying to figure out how to update my nav SD card. Tom Tom site is no help at all. Don't know why this isn't easier

So I figure I'd ask here.

TIA for any help

Old 01-19-2017, 09:40 PM

You need to download Tom-Tom Home and install it. Then remove the SD card from the car and plug it into an SD port on your computer. The program should identify the card and tell you what updates are available for free and for purchase. Once the updates are downloaded and installed on the card, replace it in the car, switch it to aux or start, then switch to NAV on the radio. Depending on the type of updates, you may need to re-enter your favorites and home location and possibly some other settings in the NAV.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:46 PM
Default Grazie

Originally Posted by schmieg
You need to download Tom-Tom Home and install it. Then remove the SD card from the car and plug it into an SD port on your computer. The program should identify the card and tell you what updates are available for free and for purchase. Once the updates are downloaded and installed on the card, replace it in the car, switch it to aux or start, then switch to NAV on the radio. Depending on the type of updates, you may need to re-enter your favorites and home location and possibly some other settings in the NAV.
Thanks Schmieg

I did it, it seemed to have worked as I did lose all favorites and recent destinations. I hope that it does have some benefits, especially fixing the amount of time the device gets hung up, which is often.

I checked to see if there were updates to the local businesses. They had stores and restaurants that went out of biz years ago so now I'm wondering exactly what did get updated. Gotta be something as there was a lot of activity both downloading to the card and when putting it back in the car.

The nav itself does work which is the most important.

Thanks again

Old 01-23-2017, 09:42 PM

I was prepared to be disappointed with the Tom Tom system and, while it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that my Grand Cherokee or the AVIC8000-NEX in my MX5 have, the maps are updated frequently and seem more accurate. Since I don't use all the bells and whistles, I've been pleased with it. I paid the $79 for a year's subscription (just renewed it) and the data is updated weekly from what I can tell, including the map updates submitted by Tom Tom users.