Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Subwoofer?

Old 05-20-2012, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by av8or
yes your right sorry i knew they weren't subs just got caught up in thread subject and misspoke
No prob, no need to apologize.

The Bose system pic/ graphic is very helpful.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:07 PM

anyhoo, they aren't too bad once you get volume up around 40 lol
still missing that deep low though

Old 05-21-2012, 12:21 AM

I would like some deeper bass too.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by CX-SV
I would like some deeper bass too.
unfortunately our only options are space consuming box/tube or having a custom enclosure built into one of the side 'pockets' in the back

had the latter priced out around 600+ for everything...

Old 05-21-2012, 11:42 AM

unfortunately our only options are space consuming box/tube or having a custom enclosure built into one of the side 'pockets' in the back

Good to know, thanks.

I will leave my CX-5 as-is.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:15 PM

I'd be interested if someone actually does this and how it worked out. Other thing I considered is to try and buy a sub that fits in the spare tire the way the one in the Mazda 3 does.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Default Audio Integrations

Hopefully Audio Integrations will make a box, they do good work on the mazda 3, VW golfs and Subaru WRX's. If people start emailing and requesting one they may get to it sooner. Also, email JL audio and ask about a stealthbox may speed them up some too

Links added:

Audio Integrations Perfect Fit Solutions order page for Subaru wrx sti rs,Honda civic,Mitsubishi evo,Toyota fj cruiser,Mini Cooper,Ford mustang

Wicked C.A.S. :: MAGIC BOXES :: Mazda makes boxes as well

Car Audio - Stealthbox®

Last edited by milkyxj; 06-14-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by milkyxj
Hopefully Audio Integrations will make a box, they do good work on the mazda 3, VW golfs and Subaru WRX's. If people start emailing and requesting one they may get to it sooner. Also, email JL audio and ask about a stealthbox may speed them up some too

links to request pages?

Old 06-10-2012, 12:23 PM

Audio Integrations Perfect fit vehicle specific custom fiberglass subwoofer enclosure home page These guys do great work, have had 3 of their boxes previously and would buy again in a heartbeat. Wicked C.A.S. :: MAGIC BOXES :: Mazda also do fiberglass boxes, they may have one in the works too. I'm sure that eventually Car Audio - Stealthbox® will come up with something, may take a while though and are pricey. I know a few people have done the kicker powered 8" under the driver's seat but I'm looking for something a little bigger than that, preferably a box for a sealed 10" sub. For the under the driver's seat sub I also ran across this which is the same size as the kicker Focal IBUS 20 8" Amplified Access Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure I would have to hear that before I did it though. Saving up now to replace and amp all the speakers and will wait for more sub solutions to come along.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:50 PM

I emailed audio integrations about doing a box, this is the response they sent. Anyone in their area who can volunteer to have the prototype made?

Hello Milkyxj –

Thanks for considering us again! Unfortunately we do not currently have any enclosure for the CX-5 and to be honest we haven’t had much interest for previous models/years as well. We’d like to build enclosure models for as many vehicles as we can but being a small company we need to focus on the most popular makes/models and what we find the most interest in starting off.

If you were close to us we could look at least at making a custom “one off” enclosure for you or possibly using your vehicle to build the proto type from but I’m assuming that isn’t the case. Unfortunately to do any kind of work like that we would need the vehicle in our shop for a period of time depending.

Are you a member of any CX-5 forums where others might be interested in such an enclosure as well? If so we may be able to judge some interest and find a local vehicle/owner in which to use. Do you have any pics of the area you are talking about and/or the cargo space in general?

Let me know what your thoughts are and we’ll go from there.

Thanks - Todd

Audio Integrations
3142 Evergreen Way
Washougal WA 98671
www.audiointegrations.net

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Subwoofer?