Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing beat Axle Back on a turbo - Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2023, 05:07 AM
Default Racing beat Axle Back on a turbo - Anyone?

Hey all, I've searched and can't seem to find anything on this, at least in the last 1-2 years.
I've got a 23' Turbo coming in a few weeks and I wanted to know if anyone has put the RB on their turbo CX5? From what i've read the exhaust was designed for the NA and according to the website, they don't differentiate between model numbers for the exhaust which leads me to believe they didn't develop one specially for the turbo engine.
The few posts i've seen have said its not much louder than stock in almost all conditions so I was wondering if it is worth it over the Cork Sport. Not many threads on guys with turbos and the Cork Sport either honestly. Looking for a little better sound, no drone at low speeds like so many of these systems.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Vin

Old 05-18-2023, 03:19 PM

It will change the exhaust sound, but not much else. And if it drones you will hate it.

Old 05-18-2023, 03:38 PM

Yep, totally get it will change the sound as its an aftermarket exhaust. And I totally understand that if it drones i'll hate it. Was looking for some insight with people who have it on the car and their experience.

Old 05-18-2023, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by climbinglife
Yep, totally get it will change the sound as its an aftermarket exhaust. And I totally understand that if it drones i'll hate it. Was looking for some insight with people who have it on the car and their experience.
Couple things, one is if you are going by examples of other I would make sure they have over 3-5 k miles on the system otherwise you will be in for a surprise after the muffler breaks in.
As for most venders ENGINNEERING these cat back... not likely . The most some better ones will do is make sure the components used will be greater then the CFM the engine can produce. Supercharged, Turbocharged or normally aspirated the CI and the CFM are almost the same.