Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing Beat Axel Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 07:29 PM
Smile Racing Beat Axel Back Exhaust

Decided on installing the Racing Beat Power Pulse axle back exhaust on my 21 CX5 Carbon. Very Pleased with sound and look of 4" tips.
Much thanks to Senior member "Callisto" for the information and advice he provided.
Racing Beat Axel Back Exhaust-uw1de25m.jpg
Racing Beat Axel Back Exhaust-9awv1y0m.jpg
Racing Beat Axel Back Exhaust-le0rrpum.jpg
Racing Beat Axel Back Exhaust-rilwgmum.jpg
Racing Beat Axel Back Exhaust-4iodz5zm.jpg

Old 11-26-2021, 11:52 AM

Very nice!

Old 11-26-2021, 10:53 PM

Simple install?

I have an axle back exhaust on my wish list for my 2021 GT-R (turbo) but can't decide which I want. How does it compare with Corksport's?

Old 11-27-2021, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by AZCX5
Simple install?

I have an axle back exhaust on my wish list for my 2021 GT-R (turbo) but can't decide which I want. How does it compare with Corksport's?
It is a fairly simple install, however, for $50., I had a local muffler shop install it. It took him about 20 min.

For comparing, there are a lot of you tube video's to check out sound and appearance. The company web sites also have good info. CorkSport is a bit more $$. Both companies show these are on back order.
As I mentioned, Sr. member "Callisto" provided me with very helpful info. I am very pleased with choice of Racing Beat brand. Quick shipping from CA to Florida, Packaging was top notch, great customer service.
I love the sound, just a little bit of growl when accelerating but mellows out to about stock sound level when up to speed. The 4" stainless tip's fill out the bumper notches perfectly.

Old 11-29-2021, 05:43 PM

Interesting they claim gains of 3hp and 5 ft/lbs of torque. Not much in any event but with an axle back unit it surprises me they would get anything extra other than sound.

Old 11-29-2021, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Interesting they claim gains of 3hp and 5 ft/lbs of torque. Not much in any event but with an axle back unit it surprises me they would get anything extra other than sound.
Along with this Racing Beat axle back exhaust , I installed a drop in K&N air filter. I have not noticed any increase in hp or overall performance.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:16 AM

Looks nice!

Old 11-30-2021, 10:26 AM

The selling feature is the design and the sound. The Racing Beat will have a nice tone when it is broke in which takes about a few thousand miles. It is not resonating or loud by any means. The next closet competitor would be the Cork Sport but that muffler is notably louder.

The power is NOT claimed as I have duplicated there exact DYNO run using their muffler and actually gained slightly higher results. So if anything theirs may be considered an honest DYNO result. One of the things they did show was the use of 91+octane fuel during the runs. I contacted them to ask "ALL" the Deltas used in setting up set my DYNO program exactly as they did. *I did everything with the exception of one procedure that they did and I am still not sure why they did it? The difference in mine is I had already several thousand miles on the muffler. Also if you are going to read DYNO posted sheets read all the information....the test was done on a older model MAZDA. *And some other interesting info as well!
I have been doing Dyno testing long enough to have gained experience in feeling power increases. I can safely say the average person can not feel less then a 10 HP increase on an engine generating 200hp or more. Smaller displacement engine it is easier to feel power increases.

Last edited by Callisto; 11-30-2021 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:50 PM
Cool

Along with this Racing Beat axle back exhaust , I installed a drop in K&N air filter. I have not noticed any increase in hp or overall performance.
No surprise, neither mod is expected to increase power. A clean factory paper filter will pass all the air a 2.5 can use, and an axle-back doesn’t do much for power either since by the time the exhaust gas reaches the back of the CX it’s volume is much lower. But the latter will sound a lot better, and for many is worth the cost - personally I like the sound. A K&N filter will not clean as well as paper, so expect more sand in the oil depending on where you live (I found this out through oil testing, mine and others).

Last edited by CarpeDiem; 11-30-2021 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:03 PM

The small amounts of any power increases eventually add up. And once you have a ECU performance calibration to tie everything together those smaller numbers become larger. As for K&N that has a long debate on forums and discussions but the buck stops because K&N have had an open challenge to any filter company for decades to run their with K&N. No surprise most OE replacements and aftermarket OE replacement dont take them up on the offer and very few performance aftermarket companies have either. They also have one of only a small few of the proper way to test air filters. So K&N loves to have other filters BRING IT ON so to say. LOL DIY home testing is not conclusive and a simple research on what it takes to test air filter can contest to this. But there are K&N haters on every forum and every forum has "THAT GUY" that claims thery are not what they claim.

Quick Reply: Racing Beat Axel Back Exhaust