Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Question for current owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Default Question for current owners

Has anyone noticed the rear doors feeling like they are binding when you open them slowly? I was about to sign on one yesterday and noticed it. Seemed to do it on other CX-5's they had on the lot as well. Some of them were easier to feel than others. Trying to figure out if it's a defect or just the way it operates.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:26 PM

Didn't notice it. Probably because I do not open them slowly, I just release the lock and let the gas struts do their work. I'll check in the evening.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM

Locoticki - Are you talking about rear passenger doors? If so, no I have not noticed any binding, they seem to work as expected.

btw - Welcome to the Mazdaforum.com.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:04 PM

Thanks,
Yes it was the rear passenger doors. I felt it really only on one side of the first car I drove but then felt it on both sides of the other cars on the lot. I'm ultra sensitive to those kinds of things so it could be nothing.

Does the glass in your side view mirrors vibrate on the highway? That was my other concern.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:34 PM

No vibes on side view mirrors (w/BSM) noticed in first 600 miles.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:15 PM

I've not noticed anything like that on any of the doors on mine. I've had the CX-5 for a week now. Love it!

Old 04-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Default side mirror vibration

Originally Posted by Locotiki
Thanks,
Yes it was the rear passenger doors. I felt it really only on one side of the first car I drove but then felt it on both sides of the other cars on the lot. I'm ultra sensitive to those kinds of things so it could be nothing.

Does the glass in your side view mirrors vibrate on the highway? That was my other concern.
I have vibration in the driver's side mirror. Not sure if the passenger side mirror is better or if I don't notice it because it's farther away. I'm wondering whether to have a dealer look at it.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:24 PM

Sounds like a few owners have the side mirror vibration issue. What are dealers saying is the fix? Is a TSB out for the mirrors?

Old 05-22-2012, 02:36 PM

original drivers side had a slight vibration at highway speeds, pax side seemed fine
they replaced drivers side, and it was worse, had a more noticeable shake at lower speeds
regional mazda rep came and drove it, confirmed it and said pax side was shaking a lil as well, so they're going back to the engineers to try to figure out fix, something about mountings/armature internal

Old 05-22-2012, 02:40 PM

av8or - Thanks for report and update, sounds like they are still working on it.

Quick Reply: Question for current owners