Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 05:32 AM
Default Problem

Hello,
I have a Mazda CX-5 2014, and lately with the cold weather it's been having a little trouble starting. I'm thinking it might need a new battery since it has 90,000 miles on it, but twice when it had trouble starting a bunch of lights came on, along with it saying SCBS inspection required and TPMS inspection required as well as my tire light and the little care with the line squiggles light. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or know what to do about it. It only happens if it's really cold and my car has trouble starting (I had to jump it twice.)

Attached Thumbnails Problem-img_3767.jpg  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rainybear
Hello,
I have a Mazda CX-5 2014, and lately with the cold weather it's been having a little trouble starting. I'm thinking it might need a new battery since it has 90,000 miles on it, but twice when it had trouble starting a bunch of lights came on, along with it saying SCBS inspection required and TPMS inspection required as well as my tire light and the little care with the line squiggles light. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or know what to do about it. It only happens if it's really cold and my car has trouble starting (I had to jump it twice.)
While you may have problems, it is most likely a weak battery. With all the gew-gaws on the newer cars, they seem to be very sensitive to battery power fluctuations causing various false readings. My daughter called the other day about the 2004 Tahoe I gave her a few years ago to ask about the traction control lights flashing and the low range light coming on now and then even though it wasn't in low range. I asked her how old the battery was and she said it was the one in there when I gave it to her which was also the one that was in there when I bought it in 2009. On my advice, she put a new battery in it and all the problems disappeared. The MX5 is also known to do stuff like this.