Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No CX-5 yet

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Angry No CX-5 yet

So I had a BMW lease that I traded in for a 2023 CX-5 purchase not a lease on he 28th of December and because I wanted to keep my military plate as of today 14 days later I still don’t have my vehicle. I am waiting for the plate release via US mail which in my opinion in todays world is crazy. I purchased the vehicle from Tulley Mazda and my BMW came from Tulley BMW. Wondering if anyone here has experienced something similar? One more thing 6 years ago when I started leasing BMW’s I did the same thing and the plate release as instant it was a Honda lease to BMW and BMW let me take the car same day.

Old 01-10-2023, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jasrboyd
So I had a BMW lease that I traded in for a 2023 CX-5 purchase not a lease on he 28th of December and because I wanted to keep my military plate as of today 14 days later I still don’t have my vehicle. I am waiting for the plate release via US mail which in my opinion in todays world is crazy. I purchased the vehicle from Tulley Mazda and my BMW came from Tulley BMW. Wondering if anyone here has experienced something similar? One more thing 6 years ago when I started leasing BMW’s I did the same thing and the plate release as instant it was a Honda lease to BMW and BMW let me take the car same day.
Was the one six years ago a Honda lease to BMW lease or a Honda lease to a BMW purchase? If a lease to a lease, the plate would likely have been registered to the leasing company which could just change the vehicle, not the owner. What you are doing now is changing the owner of the plate and the vehicle which probably is a more complex operation bureaucratically speaking. My reply is based upon how Ohio registration works and Massachusetts may be different and even more complex.

Old 01-10-2023, 09:44 PM

Have you filled out all the required paperwork?
I've never heard of a "plate release".
You are allowed to use your current plate for seven days while the registration is being processed.
You must fill out a registration and Title Application form (link is below) you can't get a registration without the title or copy thereof.
If you are not purchasing the vehicle outright, then the bank or lending institution that provided you with the loan will have the title of which you will need a copy, they should've already supplied you with one.
If your loan is through the dealer, they should've supplied you with copy of the title and also moved the plate from the BMW to your CX-5.
FYI: In Maine I've had some titles, between the original owner, bank, dealer and finally to me, take as long as a month.
Registration and Title Application (mass.gov)

Old 01-10-2023, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
You are allowed to use your current plate for seven days while the registration is being processed.
You must fill out a registration and Title Application form (link is below) you can't get a registration without the title or copy thereof.
If you are not purchasing the vehicle outright, then the bank or lending institution that provided you with the loan will have the title of which you will need a copy, they should've already supplied you with one.
If your loan is through the dealer, they should've supplied you with copy of the title and also moved the plate from the BMW to your CX-5.
FYI: In Maine I've had some titles, between the original owner, bank, dealer and finally to me, take as long as a month.
The plate is probably not in his name as he would not be the registered owner on a lease. In Ohio, he would receive a 30 day temporary tag to use on the new vehicle to give the dealer time to complete the title transfer. However, if he needs to get a plate released from the registered owner of the previous vehicle, that might take more time than the 30 days.

Each state is different and he needs to talk to someone knowledgeable with Massachusetts title and registration law to determine what is involved.

Old 01-11-2023, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by schmieg

Each state is different and he needs to talk to someone knowledgeable with Massachusetts title and registration law to determine what is involved.
I know that my son and several fiends live in MA, and I worked/live there for several years.
I was talking about MA laws and posted the link to MA registration form.
The same applies in MA for leased vehicles that are leased in MA.
A company that leases non-commercial vehicles in MA are required to be licensed by the MA DMV and the vehicles registered in MA.
If he leased the BMW from another state, and brought it to MA, there are additional steps that he will have to take.
The Massachusetts certificate of title will be processed and mailed in approximately 6 to 8 weeks. If you have a loan on the vehicle, the title will be mailed directly to your lienholder.
If he has actually applied for registration (which he does not indicate) It has only been 14 days.
Register and Title Your Vehicle | Mass.gov

Old 01-11-2023, 08:37 AM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Lobstah
yeah, I live in Mass and leased in NH. I am now purchasing in NH and want to keep the same MA plates. They offered me the MA plates but not my original and then I go back to the dealer and pay again for the plates again and I said no not knowing it would take this long. Lesson learned I guess. All paperwork has been done and in 2 weeks my payment is due ha ha. To be honest I’m f in embarrassed as hell over the whole ordeal… sucks to be honest!

Old 01-11-2023, 08:56 AM

yeah, sucks to be honest!
Crap happens and we all have learned lessons the hard way, such is life.
Dealerships almost never tell you about "all" the special rules on leasing and/or trading leased vehicles.
Suffice to say, buying a titled vehicle of any kind from out of state anywhere in New England can be a PITA.
Hopefully you'll be the 6 instead of 8 weeks.

Old 01-22-2023, 10:02 AM

Hey everyone just an update as of 22 Jan 2023. No car yet! All because I wanted to keep my out of state plate military plate. I also went to the dealship Tulley Mazda in Nashua NH and I expressed my unhappiness with the incompetence by raising my voice to a sales manager and he started screaming get out of my building I then replied to him I will just terminate my sale at which time he started screaming call the police call the police! At that time everyone all males were front and center. This is the thing the sales manager put his hands on me and the GM would not address it. Anyways if you read this tell what you think. One more thing I am able to check the MA registry and as of Friday the Mazda is now registered to my military plate but Tulley Mazda has not contacted me. My Mazda payment is due this week and my trade in vehicles payment was due on the 19 of Jan. Looking forward to comments maybe from some who have purchased from Tulley Mazda.

Old 01-22-2023, 11:26 AM

Hey everyone just an update as of 22 Jan 2023. No car yet! All because I wanted to keep my out of state plate military plate. I also went to the dealship Tulley Mazda in Nashua NH and I expressed my unhappiness with the incompetence by raising my voice to a sales manager and he started screaming get out of my building I then replied to him I will just terminate my sale at which time he started screaming call the police call the police! At that time everyone all males were front and center. This is the thing the sales manager put his hands on me and the GM would not address it.
That's battery. Which they'll very likely have on film. Lots of witnesses, as well, once it got to "screaming."

Of course, the sales manager thought he/she was justified, given the "level" of that argument. (You apparently had been asked to leave the shop, though they still have your money/trade but you don't have the product yet such that you're still fully capable of requesting erasure of the sale agreement.)

Sounds like a piece of work, that person. I'd forcefully push to erase the deal, given the maltreatment, just based on the description. I don't care what else occurs in a discussion, foul manners and such behavior simply won't do.

JMO

Old 01-22-2023, 11:35 AM

Hey everyone just an update as of 22 Jan 2023. No car yet! All because I wanted to keep my out of state plate military plate. I also went to the dealship Tulley Mazda in Nashua NH and I expressed my unhappiness with the incompetence by raising my voice to a sales manager and he started screaming get out of my building I then replied to him I will just terminate my sale at which time he started screaming call the police call the police! At that time everyone all males were front and center. This is the thing the sales manager put his hands on me and the GM would not address it. Anyways if you read this tell what you think. One more thing I am able to check the MA registry and as of Friday the Mazda is now registered to my military plate but Tulley Mazda has not contacted me. My Mazda payment is due this week and my trade in vehicles payment was due on the 19 of Jan. Looking forward to comments maybe from some who have purchased from Tulley Mazda.
Don't know about others here but I need both sides of the "story".
Meaning I would need to hear Tulley's version of what you say occurred before commenting.
I do know that raising one's voice during any financial transaction generally never results in a positive outcome.

I have no experience with Tulley.
They have been in business for 66 years which would indicate that must be doing something right for the majority of their customers.
The online reviews for them run from 3.5 to 4.6 stars out of 5.
They have a BBB A+ rating.

Quick Reply: No CX-5 yet