Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New owner here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 12:09 PM
Default New owner here.

Where do you locate the option codes on a CX-5. Is there an easier way to determine if our 2016 CX-5 has the extra charge Tech Package?

Old 12-27-2018, 12:23 PM

I don't understand your question. If your car has the following, it has the tech package.
  1. Navigation system: This is a great complement to the CX-5 Touring’s standard infotainment system and 7-inch color touchscreen.
  2. Smart City Brake Support: In low-speed situations, this system can detect objects ahead and apply the brakes if the driver doesn’t.
  3. LED headlamps with auto leveling
  4. Pivoting Adaptive Front Lighting System
  5. LED Foglights
  6. LED Signature Daytime Running Lights
  7. LED Signature rear combination lights
  8. Auto dimming mirror with Homelink: This mirror with Homelink allows you to activate a garage door or driveway gate.

Old 12-27-2018, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by paris1
I don't understand your question. If your car has the following, it has the tech package.
  1. Navigation system: This is a great complement to the CX-5 Touring’s standard infotainment system and 7-inch color touchscreen.
  2. Smart City Brake Support: In low-speed situations, this system can detect objects ahead and apply the brakes if the driver doesn’t.
  3. LED headlamps with auto leveling
  4. Pivoting Adaptive Front Lighting System
  5. LED Foglights
  6. LED Signature Daytime Running Lights
  7. LED Signature rear combination lights
  8. Auto dimming mirror with Homelink: This mirror with Homelink allows you to activate a garage door or driveway gate.
I understand The 2016.5 GT model in Canada has all the items other than #2 included in the Premium package with leather. Above that is the Optional TECH package and it has items ( 5) that are not visible to the eye. One of those is Sirius radio.We have not driven the vehicle at night yet so do not know if it has # 8. The trial period for the radio will have expired.

Old 12-27-2018, 01:29 PM

With regard to #8: Does it have the Homelink mirror, or just the standard one? I don't know, it doesn't seem to me that this would be that difficult to figure out. If all else fails, give Mazda Canada a call and tell them the VIN. They will be able to tell you what the car was originally equiped with.

Old 12-27-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by paris1
With regard to #8: Does it have the Homelink mirror, or just the standard one? I don't know, it doesn't seem to me that this would be that difficult to figure out. If all else fails, give Mazda Canada a call and tell them the VIN. They will be able to tell you what the car was originally equiped with.
On our GM cars we can look at the sticker in the glove box and get all the RPO codes to ID all the options. The mirror has Home link not sure about self dimming but think that comes on GT. Spent few hours in Owners Manual ....it does not ID which items are optional and which are standard. We do have the " type B " instrument gauges.