Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New CX-5 seat comfort

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2023, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Why do you prefer cloth in pickups? Just curious. I have a Frontier, and it does have cloth, but I would have preferred leather (it wasn't available on the model I bought, and I don't like aftermarket leather)
I find that because the seats are bigger and thicker in pickups, the cloth feels softer and more absorbing for a big guy like me. In smaller vehicles and cars like the CX-5 however, I hate cloth seats because the seats always feel thin and the leather provides better coverage. That's just my opinion though. I would say that the cloth seats in my old 2002 Ram 1500 were really comfy when I had it ironically.

Old 11-17-2023, 11:58 AM

LOL its funny how a thread like this get so many views and responses both with our forums members and visitors.. hahahahahahahaha!!!

Old 11-17-2023, 01:26 PM

I think it's because seat comfort (or the lack thereof) is a big issue in the current CX-5. I have seen multiple threads on the topic. Can't say I have ever seen this pop up on other forums I have frequented.

Old 11-17-2023, 02:26 PM

I think it's because seat comfort (or the lack thereof) is a big issue in the current CX-5. I have seen multiple threads on the topic. Can't say I have ever seen this pop up on other forums I have frequented.
Ok well I am not going to post the other platform forums I am on but it comes up on them as well. Most of the all the auto manufactures that are common.
It also has come up with older platforms vehicles waaaaaay back in the 1999 ish to present so this is NOT a new subject. The only one I will mention because I so infrequently visit that forum is Ccadilac and complainers pre dates most auto forum going into the early 90"s maybe 80's.
Then there is the car magazines with countless articles ,road test and surveys and one of the things that has come up for years is seat material and their comfort.
Car&Driver has dozens or write ups.

Not just a MAZDA thing by far....

for "sheits" and giggles I just typed in

Here are some cars with uncomfortable seats12:
  • Ford Ka
  • Peugeot 107 Mk1
  • Hyundai i20
  • 2011 Ford Focus
  • 1997 Dodge Viper SRT
  • 2004 Fiat Panda
  • 2005 Citroen C1
  • VW New Beetle
  • 2004 Nissan Note
  • 2005 Kia Rio
  • 2008 Hyundai i20
And this also was on the results:

Cars With the Most Comfortable Front Seats - Consumer Reports

Last edited by Callisto; 11-17-2023 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2023, 05:19 PM

Worst ever for me...my used 1963 VW square back wagon for $250.
It would literally go anywhere, roads, fields, the beach and over stone walls.
But it felt like riding in a old hay wagon.
Would freeze your arze off in the winter, had to scrape the frost on the inside window by hand.
On one 10-degree 2am after a long night of poker it was a good thing. The cop who pulled me over felt sorry for me he let me go, likely saved me a DUI.
Back when I was young and foolish and did such stupid things.

New CX-5 seat comfort-interior.jpg

Old 11-17-2023, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Ok well I am not going to post the other platform forums I am on but it comes up on them as well. Most of the all the auto manufactures that are common.
It also has come up with older platforms vehicles waaaaaay back in the 1999 ish to present so this is NOT a new subject. The only one I will mention because I so infrequently visit that forum is Ccadilac and complainers pre dates most auto forum going into the early 90"s maybe 80's.
Then there is the car magazines with countless articles ,road test and surveys and one of the things that has come up for years is seat material and their comfort.
Car&Driver has dozens or write ups.

Not just a MAZDA thing by far....

for "sheits" and giggles I just typed in

Here are some cars with uncomfortable seats12:
  • Ford Ka
  • Peugeot 107 Mk1
  • Hyundai i20
  • 2011 Ford Focus
  • 1997 Dodge Viper SRT
  • 2004 Fiat Panda
  • 2005 Citroen C1
  • VW New Beetle
  • 2004 Nissan Note
  • 2005 Kia Rio
  • 2008 Hyundai i20
And this also was on the results:

Cars With the Most Comfortable Front Seats - Consumer Reports
The thing is Cali, most of those cars are bargain basement crap (KIA Rio, Nissan Note???) The CX-5 is sold as a near premium car and should have the seats to match. I never saw a thread on the Acura forums about the RDX having uncomfortable seats. As the OP listed, there are many threads - on this forum alone - mentioning issues with seat comfort in the CX-5. In fact, it seems the current gen seats are not known to be as comfortable as the first gen CX-5 seats from what I have read.

Old 11-18-2023, 08:19 PM

I never saw a thread on the Acura forums about the RDX having uncomfortable seats.
I've seen a good amount myself as I have been a part of one for some years now. Every vehicle has people that aren't comfortable in them. That's true with many things in a market as big as the automtive one .

Old 11-19-2023, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
I've seen a good amount myself as I have been a part of one for some years now. Every vehicle has people that aren't comfortable in them. That's true with many things in a market as big as the automotive one .
I am quoting you only so that other won't think I am targeting them.... lol
I inquired with my contacts (good friends in parts, sales and service) at the 2 BIG MAZDA dealerships in my area and ask them to inquire to the sale manager about customer surveys. Specifically, about seat comfort. Well skimming through a random selection, they did not find any mention of poor seat quality feel of mention at all. I would not have guessed it was going to be none? maybe other that have contact or some relationship with any Mazda dealer can ask them the same question?
If the seats were so bad, then you would think there might have been in the case of my question to my friends working at a MAZDA dealership at least one mention? Now I did not ask specifically how many they looked at and what was the date but one of them said that they send the customer questionnaire into MAZDA corp 3 times a year.
Sources of the inquiry:

New & Used Mazda Vehicles | Mazda Roseville

** Mazda Dealer Sacramento CA New & Used Cars for Sale near Roseville CA - Maita Mazda

Last edited by Callisto; 11-19-2023 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-19-2023, 03:43 PM

To me anyway it's pretty interesting Mazda did revisions to the seats for the 2022 model, but they look exactly the same as seats from 2017. From Mazda's press release about the refreshed 22 model "the seats are redesigned to help provide the driver and the vehicle's occupants with greater stability to help create a natural and comfortable experience". Why would they spend the money to change them when they look exactly the same - if nobody was complaining? If they had changed them to look like the newer seats of the CX 50 with the stripe down the middle, sure, but they didn't.

Last edited by chickdr19; 11-19-2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-19-2023, 03:53 PM

To me anyway it's pretty interesting Mazda did revisions to the seats for the 2022 model, but they look exactly the same as seats from 2017. If the seats were not a concern, why would C&D report abut the 22: "All models add new seats that are said to be more supportive"? Why spend the money to change them when they look the same - if nobody was complaining?
who knows if I guess it will be scrutinized but think cost of production and materials?
There just seats if anyone does not like them there are remedies! It's just what you want to spend. $$ My advice is go to an auto or standard upholstery shop and talk to them.

Please stop suggesting that it is a large percentage of owners complain because its not and there is no data to support the claim?
Forums are the worst example of collecting any useful data regarding just about anything having to do with IN THE REAL WORLD

You want to go to a BS full of upside-down thoughts and conclusion and MYTH starting information then the other Mazda forum with textbook description of a couple core members (not you) that are nothing but keyboard warriors. LOL

Quick Reply: New CX-5 seat comfort