Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help from 2017 CX5 GT owners.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 08:23 PM
Default Need help from 2017 CX5 GT owners.

Hi All,
I couldn't find the information Im looking on internet, cars review sites and hoping you can help.
1. In how many directions you can move the driver seat?
Can you move up and down just the front portion of the seat?
2. Do you have lumbar support?
3. What is the size of the front seat? Just a bottom cushion. From back to front.

Thank you in advance.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by DanD.
Hi All,
I couldn't find the information Im looking on internet, cars review sites and hoping you can help.
3. What is the size of the front seat? Just a bottom cushion. From back to front.

Thank you in advance.
1. 8 pass: 6 - but I forget what it's missing. And the 2-position memory is just great.
2. yes. inflatable
3. big enough - go try one. Depending on your rear, width may be more of an issue - they're not real wide and I have a skinny ***.

The micro-suede inserts in the touring seats did not excite.

Rear seats are heated as well as the wheel with the tech package. IMO it was worth it to get the heads-up display. Well, at least for the wife it was. I find it extraneous, and with polarized glasses it almost disappears.

The Bose system is worthwhile, IMO. As is the roof, and power tailgate.

For us, the loaded GT was a no-brainer for this model of car.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:38 PM

Width newer a problem, I'm skinny 5.8 but I like when seat ends under the knees. Its much more comfortable. Currently I have ML and seats are very nice, but Benz cost of ownership is crazy high and mechanic quality very low.
I think its time to make a trip to a dealer.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:15 AM

I find the seats to be very comfortable - but go sit in one and see for yourself.

I've always like MB - had six of them, four new ones in the past ten years. But yeah, they've priced themselves out of the market IMO. The new GLC looks pretty nice, but EVERY option is an expensive ADD for these, same as BMW and Audi. Fail. A decently equipped unit with stuff you get on the mazda, ends up going way over fifty grand. Fail again.

We had a 2011 GLK350 - the CX-5 is at least as nice if not nicer. Ride quality, tightness, fit and finish, performance, the whole shebang.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:05 PM

I think 2017 CX5 and CX9 Mazda set the new benchmark in many aspects, especially with adding 100 lbs soundproofing materials, competing with luxury brands.

I'm going to test Mazda this week 9 and 5. we like road trips and our ML is always our family hauler.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by DanD.
Hi All,

Thank you in advance.

Hey Dan, you can find how much it can move in the manual. i am sure there is probably a pdf download out there somewhere but it is pretty robust.
i am about 240 lbs and am definitely comfortable in that seat. i like it more than most leather seats i have sat in as it is a lot more cushy whereas others seem to be a bit more stiff.