Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav system CX-5 help! I'm getting crazy!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 11:01 AM
Question Nav system CX-5 help! I'm getting crazy!!

dear all,
first of all greets from the NL to the entire board!

i have a serious problem with my navigation system and I hope someone can shed some light in here! I'm using an official Mazda SD card which was given to me when I bought my new car ( CX5 -2016). my navigation system, with European maps, has always been working fine till I decided a couple of months ago to update my maps via de Mazda connect tool. here is my problem:
after a few minutes navigation ( don't ask me how it is possible ) I'm getting a grey screen and my navigation , to a selected destination, stops immediately without no reason. All details related to a the Netherlands maps are wiped out. I've noticed that I can correctly see my location ( with the blue arrow) so GPS signal is really strong and it seems working fine. then, i go check all maps installed ( via the normal settings menu) and believe it or not ONLY the map of the Netherlands has disappeared from the entire maps list. ALL other European maps are correctly displayed ( and usable) in the list. this has already happened 3/4 times to me and it is really really annoying, I simply can't leave home and not being sure that I will reach my final destination. just FYI, I've tried already to re format the card and I even tried to buy an extra back up SD card but today it happens again leaving me on the highway without any direction to follow. I have also tried several times to remove the card, restart my card but when it happens it's simply not able to load any Netherlands map. I would appreciate appreciate your help here
thanks a lot in advance
greets
Alberto