Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must have upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 10:05 AM
Default Must have upgrades

Hello everyone,

New to the Mazda family. Just bought a CE CX-5 Turbo and I’m wondering what some of the must have options you have purchased/found. So
far I know I need a cargo area cover, seems like the Mazda brand one is the way to go. Also, going to get rubber floor mats as well. Past that, no idea. Sure there are lots of things you all have already found that you might like to share.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:44 PM
Former Sponsor

For us, our top two must haves to improve quality of life (aside from what you already mentioned) are hood struts and a good pair of window visors. With the hood struts it makes life much easier because you can just raise the hood upwards and the struts hold it in place until you want to close it. You don't have to bear the whole weight of the hood until you put the rod thing into the slot. If you pick up a good set like the Autoexe ones they just bolt right up with included brackets (pic below)

Also a good set of window visors, especially if you live in a place where it rains a lot. It allows you to vent the windows slightly when it rains. There are some cheaper ones out there however often they have fitment issues so make sure to pick up a quality set.

Old 10-11-2021, 02:39 PM

I would also buy the phone mount which attaches between the front center air vents. Really nice and looks OEM. If you need OEM all weather mats, I have a set posted in the classifieds. They fit 17-21 models. For me LED lighting was also a must as I have a GTR. I added interior LED bulbs everywhere they would fit and front and rear turn signal LED's

Last edited by chickdr19; 10-12-2021 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:26 PM

Can you provide a link for the phone mount which attaches between the front center air vents? Thanks.

Edit: I found some on Amazon but curious if there are better versions.

Old 10-11-2021, 09:47 PM

I bought the hood struts from a site referenced on this forum. stainless steel 'elite'. Installed a few days ago and very happy. Took the advice and cancelled the Amazon order since it had dubious delivery times.

I also installed the 'chrome' edge for the upper grill. This has a severe curvature and rocks, etc. will have the most significant impact.

Installed the rear compartment shelf, too. Privacy cover to follow. A few other things, too. Bought the Grand Touring Reserve.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Footwork Autosport
For us, our top two must haves to improve quality of life (aside from what you already mentioned) are hood struts and a good pair of window visors. With the hood struts it makes life much easier because you can just raise the hood upwards and the struts hold it in place until you want to close it. You don't have to bear the whole weight of the hood until you put the rod thing into the slot. If you pick up a good set like the Autoexe ones they just bolt right up with included brackets (pic below)

Also a good set of window visors, especially if you live in a place where it rains a lot. It allows you to vent the windows slightly when it rains. There are some cheaper ones out there however often they have fitment issues so make sure to pick up a quality set.

Are we allowed to provide links on this site for places to get said visors etc?

Old 10-12-2021, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
Can you provide a link for the phone mount which attaches between the front center air vents? Thanks.

Edit: I found some on Amazon but curious if there are better versions.
Yep- the amazon one is what I bought. There are several with the same set up. The center piece clips in place and you can use either a magnet or a cradle.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by chickdr19; 10-12-2021 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by bocktagon
Are we allowed to provide links on this site for places to get said visors etc?
Yes you can

Old 10-12-2021, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Yep- the amazon one is what I bought. There are several with the same set up. The center piece clips in place and you can use either a magnet or a cradle.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VZMHWD8...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you. Are you using this magnetic version as well?

Old 10-12-2021, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
Thank you. Are you using this magnetic version as well?
I am, but my phone falls off sometimes so I am considering getting the other style mount.

Quick Reply: Must have upgrades