Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

I'm ready to buy a 2019 Red CX5 Signature

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 09:54 PM
Default I'm ready to buy a 2019 Red CX5 Signature

New to this forum. I'm ready to purchase a new 2019 Red CX5 Signature very soon, maybe this week. I've been reading some unsettling posts about paint chip problems on all colors, especially the red color. Most of those complaints appear to be from the 2017 and maybe early 2018 model years. I welcome anyone's opinion on my potential car choice and color and any knowledge you have that the paint chip problem has been solved or not. Thanks everyone.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:15 AM

I too am interested in hearing people with newer red Mazdas. We are close to buying a CX5 for my wife. The red looks great, however, I am spooked about the chipping problem.

I was able to find a few extremely small chips on the red CX5 on the showroom floor, however, I would like to hear from owners.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:55 AM
Default Still researching

Calling the dealership today to get their thoughts. Yes, I know they are biased, but I need to do that anyway. carcomplaints.com is a website I've looked at. Only 1 complaint there for the 2019 CX5 and that one is for the XM radio. Even the 2018 and 2017 had few complaints. 2016 had several complaints that ran the gamut but many were windshield issues. But, that was the old model and it's been restyled since. So, nothing I've found spooks me too much other than a couple paint problems on this site. In my town--Minneapolis-- it cost $300 to get 3M Xpel put on the first 14" of hood, the front of the mirrors and along the front fenders. It cost $700 to do all that plus they add the headlights and the entire bumper---everything facing forward that is painted is covered(except the roof), plus they put it on all the door edges for free. I've done just the hood with all my other new cars over the years. Works great Used it on maybe my last 6 new cars in last 20 years. Zero paint chips on those cars.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:33 AM
Default No problems so far on my 2016 soul red car

Originally Posted by fredjohnson
New to this forum. I'm ready to purchase a new 2019 Red CX5 Signature very soon, maybe this week. I've been reading some unsettling posts about paint chip problems on all colors, especially the red color. Most of those complaints appear to be from the 2017 and maybe early 2018 model years. I welcome anyone's opinion on my potential car choice and color and any knowledge you have that the paint chip problem has been solved or not. Thanks everyone.
IveI’ve

Old 06-17-2019, 10:50 AM

Your 2016 Soul Red. No problems. Very good to hear. Thanks.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
I too am interested in hearing people with newer red Mazdas. We are close to buying a CX5 for my wife. The red looks great, however, I am spooked about the chipping problem.

I was able to find a few extremely small chips on the red CX5 on the showroom floor, however, I would like to hear from owners.
So, mazdaCPA I bought the red Sig today. I pick it up next week when I get back in town. They discounted it $4600 off the $38,530 msrp. So the final price was about $33,900. The car only has 4 miles on it and it just came off the transport truck last week. I got a pretty good deal. I'll have the 3M Xpel clear bra put on the bumper, hood, mirrors, headlights, door edges at a tint shop in town. It's cheaper than the dealer. I'm a CPA also. Pleased to meet you.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by fredjohnson
So, mazdaCPA I bought the red Sig today. I pick it up next week when I get back in town. They discounted it $4600 off the $38,530 msrp. So the final price was about $33,900. The car only has 4 miles on it and it just came off the transport truck last week. I got a pretty good deal. I'll have the 3M Xpel clear bra put on the bumper, hood, mirrors, headlights, door edges at a tint shop in town. It's cheaper than the dealer. I'm a CPA also. Pleased to meet you.
Wow. That sounds like a great deal. We are leaning towards the Touring but have not found a dealership willing to discount any where near what you got. My concern with the Signature is the amount of power. Too much to keep her out of trouble but not enough to allow her to out run the cops. The discount you got split the difference in price between the models. Something to think about.

The dealerships have to hate it when a CPA walks in the door.

Old 06-17-2019, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
Wow. That sounds like a great deal. We are leaning towards the Touring but have not found a dealership willing to discount any where near what you got. My concern with the Signature is the amount of power. Too much to keep her out of trouble but not enough to allow her to out run the cops. The discount you got split the difference in price between the models. Something to think about.

The dealerships have to hate it when a CPA walks in the door.

I'll confess. I got employee pricing from them. It's the lowest they would ever go. I'm not an employee but they wanted to match a competitor in town who initially offered my nearly the same deal but about $300 more. So they undercut them by the $300 and honestly I was very surprised they did that. More like dumbfounded I think. I had no prior Mazda ownership rebate or anything else. Where do you live? I can give you the name of these 2 dealers I used if you want. I'm in the Minneapolis suburbs.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:11 AM

Please don’t buy it! I still want to be special and if there are too many on the road I won’t be special anymore.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:59 AM

I have a 2019 GTR. In Grey. I've had it for 3+ months with no paint chipping problems.
So far.

Quick Reply: I'm ready to buy a 2019 Red CX5 Signature