Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   How to Reset the &%^*$! Clock? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/how-reset-%25%5E%2A%24-clock-36141/)

Taz 11-08-2015 04:04 PM

How to Reset the &%^*$! Clock?

Hello All,

Apologies in advance if this has been addressed in another post or if it's an incredibly stupid question. How do I change the time on my clock? I've got the entertainment unit with the controller thingie on the console. I swear I've read everything in the manual and tried everything I can think of, but haven't had any luck. I go to Settings, then the tab for Clock - but I can't do anything from that point. I've tried several voice prompts as well, but nothing works.

HELP! :mad:

Thank you

topol 12-06-2015 03:47 AM

clock

Taz, I just read your post and thought , I hope he gets an answer because I'll probably have the same question some day. I'm still trying to find a 12v power outlet to plug in a radar detector. The only one I can find is in the center arm rest...a little inconvenient. Good luck.

Ain't technology grand !

topol 12-06-2015 05:57 AM

phone book

Hey Taz, was curious after responding to you and went poking around in the Mazda phone book (aka, the owners manual) and found something on 5-49 that seems to address your question. I have not tried this because my clock is correct but good luck to you.

kicker0927 12-07-2015 08:17 PM

To adjust your clock, go to your home screen and click on settings. Go to Clock and it will have different options there. However, there is an option on that screen that has to do with syncing the clock by GPS (I forget the wording)...if that option is selected it won't allow you to adjust the time manually. Hope that helps.

trailwalker 01-11-2016 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by kicker0927 (Post 155646)
To adjust your clock, go to your home screen and click on settings. Go to Clock and it will have different options there. However, there is an option on that screen that has to do with syncing the clock by GPS (I forget the wording)...if that option is selected it won't allow you to adjust the time manually. Hope that helps.

I found my clock was wrong when dst ended. I have the GPS sync option so I tried turning it off then turning it back on. It seems this makes the clock do a re-sync and the clock corrected itself. Hope this helps.

DFurdas 04-15-2019 12:47 PM

trailwalker, what year is your CX-9? I have a 2008 GT and I don't recall seeing any GPS sync option on my clock screen. I just have 24 H / 12 H and +1 Hour / -1 Hour options. Sorry, I didn't realize that I was in the CX-5 thread. But hopefully the fix is universal to all CX vehicles.

Renate Herod 10-01-2019 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by DFurdas (Post 174272)
trailwalker, what year is your CX-9? I have a 2008 GT and I don't recall seeing any GPS sync option on my clock screen. I just have 24 H / 12 H and +1 Hour / -1 Hour options. Sorry, I didn't realize that I was in the CX-5 thread. But hopefully the fix is universal to all CX vehicles.

Hey DFurdas, I tried the "hack" that was recently posted and it worked! I happened to check back and found it, but wasn't sure you were checking back. It was: disconnect your battery and reconnect at 1am or 1pm. I guess I will have to do this twice a year, but it's worth it to me to have a correct clock!

mazda_nc_dude 10-01-2019 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Renate Herod (Post 177775)
Hey DFurdas, I tried the "hack" that was recently posted and it worked! I happened to check back and found it, but wasn't sure you were checking back. It was: disconnect your battery and reconnect at 1am or 1pm. I guess I will have to do this twice a year, but it's worth it to me to have a correct clock!

This does not sound right. Which model year do you have?

grim_reaper 10-02-2019 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude (Post 177800)
This does not sound right. Which model year do you have?

Its the older TB series CX-9 with Factory optioned satnav. There was basically a Y2K scenario with old GPS systems a while back.

https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...k-reset-41526/

Renate Herod 10-02-2019 07:26 AM

mazda_nc_dude, I have a 2008 CX9 GT. I was trying to help DFurdas who also has the same. the problem was that after replacing the battery the clock was wrong - hours and minutes. When I went to clock set the only option, to move hour up and down didn't work... but it didn't matter bc minutes were wrong too. but when I reconnected the battery the clock sets to 1:00. So, after driving around for about a year with the time wrong, it is finally correct! (the dealer charged $180 to look at and determined I needed to replace the entire entertainment unit!