Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Honda CRV-EXL vs. Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Default Honda CRV-EXL vs. Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

Really new to Mazda.......I am at the end of my third lease of a Honda CRV-EXL.
Time for a change and I am considering the 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring......has anyone had both the 5 and CRV who can give me advice? What to look for? Options? Anything?????

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Marty

Sorry I posted in the wrong category so I'm re-posting here

Old 01-01-2016, 12:11 PM

When we were shopping for a new vehicle about a month ago we test drove the Rogue, CRV, RAV4, and the cx5 from all 4 the CX5 was the most quiet on the road, and most comfortable. So we ended up with an nice low km CX5 GS

so far so good.

Old 01-09-2016, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by martyap
Really new to Mazda.......I am at the end of my third lease of a Honda CRV-EXL.
Time for a change and I am considering the 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring......has anyone had both the 5 and CRV who can give me advice? What to look for? Options? Anything?????

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Marty

Sorry I posted in the wrong category so I'm re-posting here
While car shopping in December we narrowed down our options to those very same make and models. The Honda CRV-EXL is a NICE ride. Extremely comfortable seats and the leather interior was beautiful. It was also a very smooth ride in my opinion.

Ultimately though we ended up going with the 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT because we found that it had more perks than the Honda CRV-EXL that we liked. It's important to establish the things that are important to you and your family. For us it was fuel economy, dual climate control, and leather. Both vehicles had these things covered really well but in the CX-5 I preferred the media console much more as it has the commander control right there on your right side and is easily accessible. Sure the CRV-EXL's system can also be controlled by the steering wheel functions but I liked that extra bit on the CX-5. I also didn't like how you need to look at the screen/camera whenever there is a car in your potential blindspot. In the CX-5 you are subtly notified with a warning light on your rear view mirrors and a beep. I'm sure I could have learned to use the camera on the CRV but in the CX-5 it just felt like home.