Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Touring Model - What Options Should I Get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 06:43 AM
Default Grand Touring Model - What Options Should I Get?

Looking to buy a 2016 (or 2016.5) CX-5 Grand Touring model AWD. I think I want the tech package. Any other options worth considering? Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Old 01-12-2016, 04:30 PM

Just traded our 2014 cx-5 GT with tech package. Really loved the car. But just got a 2016 cx-5 GT with tech package and I-activesense package. And let me say it's even better.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:59 AM

+1 on the 2016 GT w/ the Tech pkg and the i-activesense pkg. If we could eliminate the NAV system, it would be perfect (for us). We use the Waze app on our phones - which works with other app users and the local area traffic sensors. Ours is FWD (no need for AWD here in SE Texas). Got a great deal going through truecar.com. Would have used Costco's buying service, but they don't have any Mazda dealers in SE Texas.

Hoping any of the future updates to the car's OS will include Apple Carplay.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:31 PM

Just picked up a soul Red GT, tech and i-activesense, roof racks. MSRP, with the $880 delivery fee was $32,700. They gave me $30,700, and a $500 rebate, which was deducted after the taxable part of the price, so about $30,200 for the vehicle. Then, tax, license ($400 in FL), $900 of dealer fees, and the grand total was $33400.

Some of this stuff I wouldn't have added, but it was on the lot, looked so pretty with the parchment interior, you know how that goes. As an old fart I'm not used to all the electronic gizmos, but the more I use them they more I like at least some of them. The adaptive cruise control is pretty neat, and for me the nav system works just fine. Haven't activated Sirius, but the rest of the audio works fine. I won't hook up Bluetooth since I have nothing important enough to say that makes it worth being distracted while driving.

Driven it a few hours so far, and it's really enjoyable. Noise isn't obvious, corners well, and the adjustable seat keeps it comfortable. Went out once at night and I like the LED lights, very bright, white with a clean cut-off. The turning feature of the headlights is silly and I'll be unhappy when they break, but the bulbs themselves make it easier to drive at night.

Hope that helps- enjoy whatever you get!

Old 01-18-2016, 11:38 PM

Mine is a GT soul red with tech, i-activesense, 3M coating and NAV package. I had the dealership include rear bumper guard, cargo tray and all weather mats in the MSRP. They also included lifetime free car washes. I love the BSM and LDW features.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:25 AM

We just bought a GT AWD with the tech package. we skipped the i-activesense package. So far (all of three days) we love it.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by silver78
We just bought a GT AWD with the tech package. we skipped the i-activesense package. So far (all of three days) we love it.
Congratulations!!! What color (exterior/interior) did you end up getting?

Old 04-01-2016, 10:49 AM

Skip the iActivesense. The system seems to have several "anomalies" which Mazda USA and Mazda Japan are unable to fix. In my car, the Smart City Braking System would malfunction due an "anomaly" somewhere within the iActivesense system. After having it malfunction four times in a three month period, with no remedy from Mazda USA or Japan, I traded the year-old car back to the dealer and got another 2016 CX-5 GT, but without the iActivesense. Have learned of a friend who just bought a 2016.5 CX-5 GT and has had her car in the service department 3 times in one week of picking up the for different iA "anomaly" (her partner's identical GT is fine). It isn't happening in all GT CX-5s, but when it does happen in yours, it is frustrating beyond belief.

And unless you are doing a lot of night driving and are prone to drifting lanes, there really isn't anything in the iA package which is worth the price of the package.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Parclark
Skip the iActivesense. The system seems to have several "anomalies" which Mazda USA and Mazda Japan are unable to fix. In my car, the Smart City Braking System would malfunction due an "anomaly" somewhere within the iActivesense system. After having it malfunction four times in a three month period, with no remedy from Mazda USA or Japan, I traded the year-old car back to the dealer and got another 2016 CX-5 GT, but without the iActivesense. Have learned of a friend who just bought a 2016.5 CX-5 GT and has had her car in the service department 3 times in one week of picking up the for different iA "anomaly" (her partner's identical GT is fine). It isn't happening in all GT CX-5s, but when it does happen in yours, it is frustrating beyond belief.

And unless you are doing a lot of night driving and are prone to drifting lanes, there really isn't anything in the iA package which is worth the price of the package.
Our 9/15 build GT w/ iA seems to work fine. Tested it once going into our garage. Started to pull in, when the garage door was just above the hood. The brakes activated, thinking there was a car in front of us. No issues here. I just wish the car had memory for the power seat.

Old 04-17-2016, 03:52 PM

Love my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD with tech package. Got it in November and so far it's been almost flawless. You'll most likely want to get the cargo cover and all weather floormats.

Quick Reply: Grand Touring Model - What Options Should I Get?