Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going -1 or -2 on CX5 Signature Turbo, wheel/tire recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 12:24 PM

I would also look at user reviews on both Tirerack and Discount Tire. They will often have the tires on the same car (I see many reviews from CX-5 drivers when I look there). I prefer user reviews to what the shops recommend as they are likely pushing whatever aging stock they need moved at the moment...

As others have said, I suspect your issues with the 19's stem from the crappy OEM Toyo tires. Please come back when you have the tire changed and let us know what your review of the new tire is.

Old 06-24-2023, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19;217078[color=#2980b9
]I would also look at user reviews on both Tirerack and Discount Tire. They will often have the tires on the same car (I see many reviews from CX-5 drivers when I look there). I prefer user reviews to what the shops recommend as they are likely pushing whatever aging stock they need moved at the moment...

As others have said, I suspect your issues with the 19's stem from the crappy OEM Toyo tires. Please come back when you have the tire changed and let us know what your review of the new tire is.
Well for the most part your response is not bad but your information about "aging stock" I wonder about where you get your information? Tire Rack wholesales them out or the manufacture exchanges stock out with new ones and credit back the old stock at least with Tire Rack and many independent retailers. Thats common practice continued dating back to the late 70"s.I am sure in your state there is that local tire sales shop that seems to beat every ones price in town..... and check his dates on those tires. LOL I wonder when you shop , do you take a Durometer meter with you when you shop tires? Do you check the date of manufactures on the tires you buy? Do you try to get same or close to the same date of manufacture and sequenced numbers? LOL Likely not? IMHO Very few people check tires like that and even fewer even check the true manufactured dates of batteries.
I might add while I do agree with your personal ***essment of the OEM tire keep in mind that if you look the road test done on many Mazda's as well the specification listed by Mazda were more than likely performed on those tires.

Most choices within a field of required attributes for choosing a tire is about 7. Then you go with the brand you simply like. That leaves 4. Now you read the road test(if any and usually not on the same vehicle you drive) and reviews that leaves 3. So out of the 3 one must ask yourself how am I going to TEST each one to determine the best for what you are looking for?

So you rely on guessing and the crowd/group consensuses to choose the best tire purchase.

Notice I did not give a recommendation? Why! The experience level to sell tires is based on talking to the customer looking at his vehicle and then based on experience suggest a couple or few tires to choose from. You can not get that on the internet or a forum! The clos second is to talk directing to a salesperson at a business like the Tire rack or to go to a professional shop that manufactures and retails tires like Firestone. The good thing about Firestone the better ones will evaluate your vehicles suspension and brake system to determine if you may have issues or concerns that you done want to wear your new tire incorrectly that could affect not only the overall performance but your warranty!

Now what do I know on the subject of tires, I guess maybe some think not much?....

Last edited by Callisto; 06-24-2023 at 02:17 PM.