Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 05:35 AM
Unhappy Getting Frustrated

I am becoming frustrated waiting for the CX5T. No videos of road tests,(just non-essential items PR showings (cup holders, wood dash, beautiful lines, etc.). I would like to know how much improvement in 0-60 times the turbo gives the vehicle. No indication from local dealer (Charleston, SC) of anticipated arrival date. I want to test drive the RAV4, but the dealer only has the base model, and I want the top trim. If these SUV manufacturers don't get the vehicles on the lot, I may opt for the 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T manual.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:56 AM

Drive up to midlands Mazda in Columbia. They have a nice blue Signature model. But honestly, skip in and buy the Toyota Camry. Really.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:06 AM

Thanks for the info. I think (?) I shall buy the Avalon XLE, considering that it is only slightly more than the Camry with a little more luxury and same engine. After 3-4 months of research and driving (some vehicles), I have decided that the SUV's are overpriced. Thew Mazda CX5T cost practically the same as the XLE.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:29 AM

If you are looking at the Accord, Camry and Avalon, why not look at the Mazda 6 with the turbo?

Old 12-05-2018, 12:43 PM

My parents had an Avalon for close to 25 years and put on over 300,000 miles. Based upon your Frontier, you should be able to drive the Avalon till 2119!

Old 12-05-2018, 01:13 PM

I don't think I will be around that long as I will be 80 on Dec 11th. My Frontier only has 23000 miles on it, but I will drive the Avalon more.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by MrBillMazda
Thanks for the info. I think (?) I shall buy the Avalon XLE, considering that it is only slightly more than the Camry with a little more luxury and same engine. After 3-4 months of research and driving (some vehicles), I have decided that the SUV's are overpriced. Thew Mazda CX5T cost practically the same as the XLE.
Among the SUV's, I think the Mazda CX-5 has a great benefit/price ratio. I would wait for the turbo model. Also, as my age progresses I find it much easier to get in and out of the CX-5. Otherwise, I would have said, go with the Accord.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:18 AM

From Auto-Blog: " As it turns out, the turbo CX-5 won't be cheap. The base price for a CX-5 with that engine will be $35,865 with destination. That's about $5,500 more than the cheapest turbocharged Mazda6. There are a couple of reasons for this. The turbo engine will only be available on two new high-end trims for the CX-5, Grand Touring Reserve and Signature. Both of those trims bring a variety of high-end features and options with them. It can also only be paired with all-wheel drive." It will also only be paired with the Grand Touring and Signature Trim levels. " All models also will receive G-Vectoring Plus. The feature, along with the turbo engine option, was announced for the Japanese CX-5 recently. What this system adds is a little bit of braking force to the outside wheel as the driver winds the wheel back to a straight position when exiting a corner or completing a lane-change. The idea is that it helps make the car more stable when straightening out after a turn." IMHO; for the money, this is more vehicle than most people need for a grocery 'getter or even an interstate car for long trips. Our 2014 (Touring) has the 2.5L which I chose over the 2.0L for a better power to weight ratio. We have gone cross country a couple of times in it and it's my wife's daily driver. I have a VW GTI turbo and the CX-5 is every bit as quick as that car and at far better gas mileage. If I had 36K to spend on a new car, I would be looking at the new generation of Electrics like the Audi E-tron all wheel drive CUV at around 40K. Turbo's are gas guzzlers and maintenance intensive going forward. MSTB (More @%^* to break).