Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deactivate HUD?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Default Deactivate HUD?

I know there is an option to turn off the heads up display in the settings, but is there a way to permanently turn it off? I don't like the thing and it's a pain in the *** to have to go into the settings and deactivate it every single time I get into the vehicle.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Pull the dash apart & unplug it.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:06 AM

omg why pull it apart when you can go into the radio and disable it.. i recommend reading your owners manual or download it from mazda.. its in there... btw that HUD was part of a $1400.00 package,.. just saying...

Old 10-12-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Arkainzeye
omg why pull it apart when you can go into the radio and disable it.. i recommend reading your owners manual or download it from mazda.. its in there... btw that HUD was part of a $1400.00 package,.. just saying...
Thank you for reiterating the obvious. You've been an enormous help.

Old 10-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Thumbs up

A piece of cardboard on top of your dash is a cheap low tech method of resolving the issue

Old 10-13-2018, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by CXer
A piece of cardboard on top of your dash is a cheap low tech method of resolving the issue
Brilliant. Or perhaps a piece of aluminum foil or some duct tape. I love my HUD, though, and am curious why the OP finds it so objectionable.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by mox44ah
I know there is an option to turn off the heads up display in the settings, but is there a way to permanently turn it off? I don't like the thing and it's a pain in the *** to have to go into the settings and deactivate it every single time I get into the vehicle.
You might ask the dealer if there is an easy way to turn it off permanently; there might be a fuse that you can easily pull.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:09 PM

A partial solution may be to adjust the angle so it is out of your view. You will never notice it on again but someone either 6’6 or 5’2 will see it clearly.

I suspect there is a way to program it to not turn on each time you start the vehicle, but for that you would need to find the right person at Mazda or better yet the right teenager to hack into the system.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:52 PM

its not even that hard.. owner manual tells you how to turn it off..

Old 10-21-2018, 09:02 AM
Default Help with HUD

Anybody know how to level the display? The HUD is slightly lower on the left. The dealer service tech is unable to make the adjustment. Lazy or factory only?
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Deactivate HUD?