Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Date of NAV update w/o removing SD card

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 10:28 AM
Default Date of NAV update w/o removing SD card

Is there a way to determine the date or version number or the last update of the navigation data base from inside the vehicle without removing the SD card? 2017 cx5 GT.

Last edited by Gerald Mucci; 12-08-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:10 AM

Not that I can find.

The only way that I've found to determine the update date on the SD card is to remove it from the car, insert it in your computer, and have Mazda Toolbox tell you about the date. Even then it didn't tell me the exact date of the last update, it only told me that the update on the card was older than the current update available (June 2019 in this case).

Old 12-09-2019, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5
Not that I can find.

The only way that I've found to determine the update date on the SD card is to remove it from the car, insert it in your computer, and have Mazda Toolbox tell you about the date. Even then it didn't tell me the exact date of the last update, it only told me that the update on the card was older than the current update available (June 2019 in this case).
Thanks, that makes two of us. I'm now beginning to believe that we REALLY can't update the nav version info through the car's system.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Gerald Mucci
Thanks, that makes two of us. I'm now beginning to believe that we REALLY can't update the nav version info through the car's system.
I'm not following you here. The card HAS to be removed from the car for updating with Mazda Toolbox. There's no other way to update it.

On a related note. Mazda Toolbox is supposed to autodetect the insertion of a Nav SD card into your computer and then start the program. It does not detect the card on my PC and I haven't found a way to start the toolbox in this case. The only way that I was able to start the toolbox was to run the toolbox update program (downloaded from the Mazda Connect site). When the update is complete it askes if you'd like to run the program, select yes.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5
I'm not following you here. The card HAS to be removed from the car for updating with Mazda Toolbox. There's no other way to update it.

On a related note. Mazda Toolbox is supposed to autodetect the insertion of a Nav SD card into your computer and then start the program. It does not detect the card on my PC and I haven't found a way to start the toolbox in this case. The only way that I was able to start the toolbox was to run the toolbox update program (downloaded from the Mazda Connect site). When the update is complete it askes if you'd like to run the program, select yes.
I misspoke. Meant to say "read", not update. I already updated in the computer. Just wanted to, preferred to confirm the update from the vehicles system. But it looks like the cars system does not allow this.