Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CX5 Import - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 07:54 AM
Default CX5 Import - Help!

Hi all,

I've recently imported a 2014 CX5 to the UK that I owned in Australia. However it has failed it's IVA (DVLA Roadworthy type test) because it doesn't have a rear fog light and also because the speedo is in kmh, not mph.

Does anyone have any ideas on a) how easy it would be to source and fit a rear fog light? And b) best way of displaying speedo dial in mph? Ie some sort of sticker or patch?

Many thanks

Old 09-15-2015, 10:45 AM

See if there's anything here to help you with the fog light issue:Calling all European CX-5 owners. (rear fog light)

Old 09-18-2015, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Looking in the workshop manual, the Rear Foglamp switch is part of the indicator stalk
( probably next to the front foglamp switch)

What looks like reflectors in the rear bumper of a OZ spec CX5 is the location for the rear foglamps.

I would look under the bumper for and spare wiring. Also talk to Mazda OZ & UK about adding these parts & the swapping, & programming of a new speedo.

Fitting genuine rear foglamps & wiring them in as an aftermarket system & aftermarket switch might be a legal option if the wiring isn't fitted to a OZ spec model. ( both at the switch & bumper)

Old 09-18-2015, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Have a read of this, Looking for two OEM parts ("JDM") for a CX-5 - RX8Club.com

Something else, KD8151650A | LAMP (R) RR FOG (Mazda) | 90.48 € | Mazda

Attached Thumbnails CX5 Import - Help!-cx5-fog-rear-uk.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CX5 Rear Foglamp wiring.pdf (185.2 KB, 486 views)
Old 12-06-2022, 05:11 PM

Did it also fail due to the headlight beam direction? And did they give you a free re-test or did you need to pay your £200 again ?

Oh and what did you do about the rear fog lights? Was there a wiring loom behind both deflectors ?

I know its unlikely you'll respond after to long but would help me a lot if you or anyone else that knows could?

Old 12-07-2022, 01:45 AM

Try pressing the stalk on the instrument cluster; on mine it then toggles between mph + kph; not mentioned in manual for some reason.
You can also do it a more long winded way via settings.

By the way there is a UK based cx5 FORUM too.

Old 12-08-2022, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the tip for the UK forum. Currently still waiting to be "approved" there (2 days and counting....)

I've managed to change the speedo to MPH by buying a very expensive piece of plastic purpose made for the job.

Now struggling with fog lights. I'm thinking this might be good enough to replace the existing deflector on the right side but not 100% sure.

I've looked at the wiring from underneath the car it seems like the fog light wiring only goes to the left side (where the existing fog light is). I'm thinking in the worst case, couldn't I just cut the existing cable before it goes into the lamp holder and then extend it with some say 1mm across the rear bumper to the right side? That should move the lamp from left to right which is what I need.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284920831583

Old 12-08-2022, 02:57 PM

Extending the fog light should present no problem, but as yours is a RHD, as in UK models, why do you need to move?
Did you find the black stalk on instrument cluster, and press it in for measurement change?
See:

Change kph to mph

Old 12-08-2022, 03:12 PM

Cheers for the reply. Mine is a LHD as I've imported it from Ukraine (don't ask). Good news about the extension. I haven't been in the car for a day or two but will try the stalk push in you mention next time. Certainly the live speed is "hard coded" as the scale is a painted bit of plastic but maybe doing as you suggest will change other things like odometer and Litres/whatever to miles per gallon.

P.S. I put my location as "London" as most of the UK is London for our american friends but actually I'm also in TV. Crowthorne. Perhaps I'll update my profile when I get a minute...

Old 01-10-2023, 01:12 PM

Hi Mike

Did you manage to solve your issue? I have a similar one

Quick Reply: CX5 Import - Help!